• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio email

Capes

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many people signed the commitment to buy the Elio at the price (I believe) of $7,400?

The price difference per vehicle is $14,900 - $7,400 = $7,500.
Assuming profit was 25% of the $14,900, this equals $3,725 profit per vehicle.
The loss Elio Motors would take per vehicle would be $7,500 - $3725 = $3,775.

Perhaps Elio Motors would be able to honor the price of $7,400 to those who signed the commitment.

I do not know.

I would like to hear other opinions.

It would be bad public relations if they did not honor these commitments made by their followers.
I am sure Paul Elio has talked about this with expert lawyers.
I signed up when it was $6800. I met Paul Elio. I have a t-shirt.
Lot of good any of that has done me.
I want my MTV..............................

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This thread is supposed to be about the email letter. Why did Elio Motors send this email out? And at this particular time? Do they expect to get all of us early adopters excited and put more money in to this project? I have two non refundable orders, one $1000 and one $100. I will not invest anymore. We haven't heard from Elio motors in how long? It would have been more impressive if during their out of touch time they had secured funding, got out of debt and were actually ready too start production. Then send us the email. There are folks that have never heard of this company and with the current trend by manufacturers to go electric they might have a new audience to lure in.
What are your thoughts as to why they sent out this email and why now?

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This thread is supposed to be about the email letter. Why did Elio Motors send this email out? And at this particular time? Do they expect to get all of us early adopters excited and put more money in to this project? I have two non refundable orders, one $1000 and one $100. I will not invest anymore. We haven't heard from Elio motors in how long? It would have been more impressive if during their out of touch time they had secured funding, got out of debt and were actually ready too start production. Then send us the email. There are folks that have never heard of this company and with the current trend by manufacturers to go electric they might have a new audience to lure in.
What are your thoughts as to why they sent out this email and why now?
This is one scenario. I have no idea if it may be true or not. Perhaps this is one last Hail Mary to get what they can out of Elio stock. With the SEC stopping trading for companies in the "Pink" by end of this month, which Elio Motors has been in for years, it's a way for the Board member to sell their stock. In order to do so they had to file a current financial statement (which they just did). They had to get Racer Trust off their backs for a little while (agreement made until Sept 30th), and to benefit them the most they needed to drive the stock price up. Easiest way to do that was introduce an electric version of the Elio. Notice there is no mention of Paul Elio other than on the SEC reports. Trading yesterday for Elio stock went from an average of 3340 trades to 1,166,100 and the price jumped from $0.45 to $1.66 before dropping down to $0.93 to close. They mention the Elio Team, but according to the SEC report, there are only two people there. They are very much in debt too. Big hole to dig out of. Now a big question is why are they having private board meetings instead of public? They are not being transparent to the stock holders or doing their fiduciary duties.

Reaction score
I knew in my heart this was going to happen. Time was getting so close and discouraging. All I was getting from elio was more smoke. I got 100 more stocks Tuesday at 44 cents. My neighbors down the road heard my excitement as the ticker jumped up & down yesterday. I don't want an electric and probably wait for the gas. This old lady with yellow hair is ready. Just want to say to everybody, "I friggen told you so !!!! "
My favorite goat might be in labor this morning. I hear her out there bellowing. What ever pops out will be named PAUL. Maybe Elio if it's pretty. Jerome & Pamela born last year are doing fine. I sold Jerome cause I don't need another buck but keeping Pamela. Jerome was pretty and I kept him intact, but de-horned him, to be somebody else's number one buck. Sure enough I sold him to a new goater with high hopes. SEE, I Told ya so !!!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This came across my news feed this morning while camping. To answer the original question, I agree with Made in USA. In addition to what he said, the email was sent out because they had the database and in addition to that they were hoping that reservations holders would buy up some stock while certain others sell theirs and make a quick buck. As we all read from the SEC filings, Paul has drawn a salary of $250K/year from 2017 to 2020. Thus made $1M in four years. Looks like Connie mage just over $500K in three years. I don't know about you guys but $250K per year is a nice salary. Especially for running a company that only produces press releases but not a tangible product.

What I find interesting is that there's not really a mention of the reservation holders. I think this is a way for Paul to honor the contract that reservation holders have. When I mean honor, it means he can go ahead and make a new product and not ever build the old one. As we all know, he never has to deliver you a product but is allowed to make a different one and sell them to others. The Elio-E will be considered different than the Elio-G. Thus he can string Elio-G reservation holders along for many years making an electrified version and never get around to the gas version. No reason to dream, Elio will not try to sell a $14,900 Elio-E for what you locked into for a price. I find it hard to believe they can even sell it for $14,900 but as we know, Paul knows something nobody else does in the industry.

Then finally, Paul is using this as another fishing expedition for funding. Everything that he lists in the SEC filings is all based on some future funding from an unknown source. I fully expect that this will be for new reservations as people like to reserve electric cars (as per what is going on recently). Then having "Phoenix" in the address for Elio is a good help. Nikola and the Solo are to be built there, thus it's a great way to make things look good for Elio as to be part of this growing electric car manufacturing mecca, even though he plans on doing it in Shreveport.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many people signed the commitment to buy the Elio at the price (I believe) of $7,400?

The price difference per vehicle is $14,900 - $7,400 = $7,500.
Assuming profit was 25% of the $14,900, this equals $3,725 profit per vehicle.
The loss Elio Motors would take per vehicle would be $7,500 - $3725 = $3,775.

Perhaps Elio Motors would be able to honor the price of $7,400 to those who signed the commitment.

I do not know.

I would like to hear other opinions.

It would be bad public relations if they did not honor these commitments made by their followers.
I am sure Paul Elio has talked about this with expert lawyers.
Just speculation, but expecting the "lock in" price to apply to the electric vehicle is pie-in-the-sky. Gas vs. electric is a huge cost factor. If (a big if) Elio actually produces and sells the EV, I would expect some sort of credit above the $1K non-refundable deposit. This whole deal remains a crap-shoot. EV's are hot in the market. There are a ton of companies trying to develop better EV batteries, from huge auto manufacturers to start-ups. Tesla is an energy company, not a car company. It's using the car business to improve battery performance.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm also in at $6,800. I'd have bought it with the GEO Sprint engine (I had one of those and got 50 miles a gallon in the 1980's).
I think that's where they really messed up. Investing all the capital into developing a new engine when there were already developed engines available. I get they were trying to obtain the 84mpg, but I think we all would have been very content with 70 or 75 mpg so we could get to production.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This came across my news feed this morning while camping. To answer the original question, I agree with Made in USA. In addition to what he said, the email was sent out because they had the database and in addition to that they were hoping that reservations holders would buy up some stock while certain others sell theirs and make a quick buck. As we all read from the SEC filings, Paul has drawn a salary of $250K/year from 2017 to 2020. Thus made $1M in four years. Looks like Connie mage just over $500K in three years. I don't know about you guys but $250K per year is a nice salary. Especially for running a company that only produces press releases but not a tangible product.

What I find interesting is that there's not really a mention of the reservation holders. I think this is a way for Paul to honor the contract that reservation holders have. When I mean honor, it means he can go ahead and make a new product and not ever build the old one. As we all know, he never has to deliver you a product but is allowed to make a different one and sell them to others. The Elio-E will be considered different than the Elio-G. Thus he can string Elio-G reservation holders along for many years making an electrified version and never get around to the gas version. No reason to dream, Elio will not try to sell a $14,900 Elio-E for what you locked into for a price. I find it hard to believe they can even sell it for $14,900 but as we know, Paul knows something nobody else does in the industry.

Then finally, Paul is using this as another fishing expedition for funding. Everything that he lists in the SEC filings is all based on some future funding from an unknown source. I fully expect that this will be for new reservations as people like to reserve electric cars (as per what is going on recently). Then having "Phoenix" in the address for Elio is a good help. Nikola and the Solo are to be built there, thus it's a great way to make things look good for Elio as to be part of this growing electric car manufacturing mecca, even though he plans on doing it in Shreveport.
Glad you’re still kickin around Schneider. I suspect you and Made in USA are probably pretty much spot on….

Top Bottom