• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio email

ElioJoe

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220819-124345.png
    Screenshot_20220819-124345.png
    486.4 KB · Views: 82

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What’s cool about the Arcimoto FUV is that some owners say they charge at home using solar roof panels at a cost of $0, but obviously have to consider payback on the initial cost of solar panels/Installation, but certainly an off the grid energy source. I’d be in the market for a future Elio or BEX EV option……..or hopefully a fully enclosed FUV sooner than later to meet my current commuting needs. I’ve had an excellent experience with my first EV, says an ”old skeptic” that was compelled out of curiousity to give it a try.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks... that was an interesting read!! WOW!! 1,224 wind turbines...

Yes... I didn't know the name of it, just knew it was quite large and saw it when I passed through the Palm Springs/Palm Desert, CA area.
One problem with windmills is that many of the propellers are not recyclable. They have some new ones that are. I think the government should pass a law that everything should be recyclable or it shouldn't be made. They are working on how to break down plastics and have a solution that works in the lab but it doesn't deal with what is already in the air, water, and ground. As for the mining industry, they are starting to introduce electric equipment.

Here is but one example: https://www.epiroc.com/en-us/products/loaders-and-trucks/electric-trucks

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just read where Californians had been asked in mid-June to set thermostats to 78 degrees or HIGHER, avoid using major appliances, turn off unnecessary lights (that makes sense), use fans instead of air-conditioning and unplug unused items.

Yep.... makes a lot of sense to go ALL electric vehicles. :der:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To much misinformation regarding EVs out there. There has been blackout alerts prior to the dawn of EVs and those alerts will continue thru the end of mankind. Nothing to do with charging EVs at home during NON-PEAK HOURS. Now if all the EV owners on the road all stopped to charge at the same peak day hours……may contribute to a blackout scenario. The bigger problem is I have kWh hog hour friends that set their AC to 68 degrees during peak hours.

It takes more kWh to drill , store, refine, ship and deliver the petrol to the gas pumps to burn in 30% efficient engines, than it does to charge EVs. Keep in mind I like and see the need for both I.C.E. and Electrics. Many EV owners charge their vehicles off the grid using solar, and can produce enough energy to sell/provide some kWh back to the grid. :)

Top Bottom