• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio email

NorCalPhil

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL I had a small savings account I'd throw pennies in over the years waiting on this pipe dream to come to fruition. No longer need a commuter car, so I literally cashed out that account last weekend and got a fun new-to-me ride. Then the email today. Perfect timing :)

Not interested in an electric vehicle at that price point, so this will be a hard pass.

smithsonssg

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
120 V is a slow charger. 240 with cooling is fast. Not sure it would madder much. In my case. Like I siad I drive it a bit and give it to my Daughter if one shows up

OldDave

Reaction score
Maybe they will make this an upgrade option for the electric model. would be a fun ride with it.

1631214509131.png

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
120 V is a slow charger. 240 with cooling is fast. Not sure it would madder much. In my case. Like I siad I drive it a bit and give it to my Daughter if one shows up
Certainly it should support 240v. With how the EV supply chain is today, there's no reason it can't have AT LEAST a 3.3kw on board charger. Preferably 6.6kw.

The bigger question will be if it supports DC Fast Charging. Even the Zero electric motorcycle does, so I fail to see why Elio wouldn't, but they might charge extra for that.

I would also want to know if it will have a liquid-cooled pack (important for battery life, particularly when fast charging) or if they will go air-cooled to save money.

ElioJoe

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really interested in electric! "Clean" electric cars are a scam! Even though there are wind and solar plants going into the power grid, the majority of the power grid is still made by fossil fuels. Woke crowd is under the false assumption that their car only uses clean energy. :\

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not really interested in electric! "Clean" electric cars are a scam! Even though there are wind and solar plants going into the power grid, the majority of the power grid is still made by fossil fuels. Woke crowd is under the false assumption that their car only uses clean energy. :\
Sorry, but that is absolutely bogus.

Even in West Virginia, were 91% of electricity is coal power, electric cars STILL produce less carbon emissions per mile than gas cars. Electric drivetrains are just that efficient.

But "being green" is only a footnote anyways. Electric cars are higher performance, lower maintenance, and vastly cheaper to fuel than gasoline cars. The upcoming Electric F-150 costs about the same to fuel as the original 84mpg gasoline Elio would have.

I doubt this electric Elio will ever materialize. But if it does, it will be an absolute hoot to drive and will cost even less after 5 years than the original $7200 gas Elio.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom