• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Engine Unveiling And Testing

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh my gosh. Did you notice the belt? The engine is running counter-clockwise.

:D

;)
Corvairs run counter-clockwise and they were Chevys made as early as 1960. (I have three of them.)

I have put this in before, but I will repeat myself. The reason traditionally engines run clockwise is because most people are right handed. The first engines were hand cranked. Most people are right handed and it is easier for right handed people to turn a crank clockwise than turn it counter-clockwise.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Corvairs run counter-clockwise and they were Chevys made as early as 1960. (I have three of them.)

I have put this in before, but I will repeat myself. The reason traditionally engines run clockwise is because most people are right handed. The first engines were hand cranked. Most people are right handed and it is easier for right handed people to turn a crank clockwise than turn it counter-clockwise.

Love your knowledge pistonboy. Please continue to post info. like this!:) I don't care which way it spins.....as long as it spins!

JMBishop

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Based on the orientation of the exhaust in relation to the bellhousing, this is a clockwise engine. There is no way they would do a counter clockwise engine unless they planned on having a special fwd trans made as well.

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
all of that is true .... IAV has been paid to develop the engine .... they have done so in their facility, by their people, using their equipment, .... EM is paying them to do so .... as time goes on, IAV will supervise the build process, help train the works and will eventually turn the process over to EM .... this has been reported as being the plan for many months .... so what's your point

It should be obvious what my point is by looking at the question I was answering... its right there...

edit: ahh, I see pistonboy got it :D

Top Bottom