• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Future Owner

vietvetx2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
vietvetx2, welcome from another two tour Vietnam vet. Many of us have reached the same decision as you about the cold and rain. At this point in life comfort becomes more important. Welcome to the forum and to the Elio family and enjoy the journey with us.
Jim; You are the first to actually catch the 2 tour meaning, (in any forum). 6-69 recon Platoon Ldr. and Viet advisor; 71-72 Huey driver. riding bikes since 68.
RE: Elio I am going with the auto. hopefully it will have puddle shifters. I get enough shifting with my 67 Beetle. e-address is motogozi@yahoo.com.
Stay Vigilant friend

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's just hope it's not thee same as the military?
"Gotta get there now. They're waiting for ya"! Then you book it there, only to be told sit down and wait!
(Yep, another vet)!!
Welcome, welcome. Thank you and All the other vets out there! !!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jim; You are the first to actually catch the 2 tour meaning, (in any forum). 6-69 recon Platoon Ldr. and Viet advisor; 71-72 Huey driver. riding bikes since 68.
RE: Elio I am going with the auto. hopefully it will have puddle shifters. I get enough shifting with my 67 Beetle. e-address is motogozi@yahoo.com.
Stay Vigilant friend
Vietvetx2, I was a platoon ldr/company commander with the 1st Cav in 68 (Khe Sanh & I Corps) and MACV advisor to 23rd ARVN Div (Ban Me Thuot) in 71. Like many others I rode bikes until 1995 when a serious accident ended my riding. Looking forward to my Elio filling some of that gap and hopefully returning some of the pleasure of being on the open road.

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, Mike. I was a little pre-Viet N. I
am a former Air Force flyer during the Cuban missle crisis. I've been riding bikes since 1950. Still riding a 1988 Harley FXR. Going to use my Elio for tailgating and all things McNeese State University. My # is 8510 and will be blue with college letters on both sides. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

vietvetx2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Vietvetx2, I was a platoon ldr/company commander with the 1st Cav in 68 (Khe Sanh & I Corps) and MACV advisor to 23rd ARVN Div (Ban Me Thuot) in 71. Like many others I rode bikes until 1995 when a serious accident ended my riding. Looking forward to my Elio filling some of that gap and hopefully returning some of the pleasure of being on the open road.
Jim. I was in 1/9th at Camp Evans then went to MACV as a Mobile Advisory Team Leader in 4 Corps. BTW: I thought the practice of rotating officers out of the field after 6 months that "everyone gets command time", was a stupid idea. Hell, you're just getting good at your job! So I volunteered to get back into the field. Returning in 71 to Chu Lie and Camp Holloway near Peiiku flying slicks. I rode my Moto Guzzi off the Blue Ridge Parkway in 09 and now drive a Ural hack, up for sale, and my F.A.L.
Sorry Elio guys but it's nice to connect with someone who was in the same areas in Nam. I just can't believe that it was nearly 50 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20160521_0930510_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20160521_0930510_rewind.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 204
Top Bottom