• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Future Owner

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PS. Ialso have a 1957 Cushman Eagle since my dad was a motorcycle dealer and sold them.
What a great bunch of guys. Closest I came to a Cushman Eagle was to ride on the back of one. The guy on the next block had a Cushman Husky. If we both ducked our heads real low we could achieve 31 or 32 mph on a long straight-a-way. I could never afford anything but a used bike until I got married to a girl who had her own car. Took a while but I finally bought my own car 7 years later. One exception was my short ownership of a 57 plymouth that was always dropping chunks of concrete onto the road where the previous owner thought concrete would solve his body rot problem. I put an Earl Shives Paint job on it and sold it for what I paid for it. I figured if I could sell that hunk of junk that I could sell anything. Never could get the car to pass inspection though. So that was my inspiration to get into sales.
All you motor cycle guys; YOu and I both know that there are circumstances that occur on a motorcycle that you will have done every possible thing to prevent what clearly is about to happen. I don't like not even having time to kiss my ass good bye. I don't ever plan on that happening in an Elio. Oh and welcome aboard, Dikij.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jim. I was in 1/9th at Camp Evans then went to MACV as a Mobile Advisory Team Leader in 4 Corps. BTW: I thought the practice of rotating officers out of the field after 6 months that "everyone gets command time", was a stupid idea. Hell, you're just getting good at your job! So I volunteered to get back into the field. Returning in 71 to Chu Lie and Camp Holloway near Peiiku flying slicks. I rode my Moto Guzzi off the Blue Ridge Parkway in 09 and now drive a Ural hack, up for sale, and my F.A.L.
Sorry Elio guys but it's nice to connect with someone who was in the same areas in Nam. I just can't believe that it was nearly 50 years ago.
I was in 2/5th Cav at Camp Evans, LZ Jane, Mooney, and many others. Went north to rescue the Marines in Khe Sanh and then east to Dong Ha and got shot down in Huey 1500 meters south of the DMZ. Just finished building aa Vietnam Memorial here in Las Cruces. Check it out on Google at "huey 15285".

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, Mike. I was a little pre-Viet N. I
am a former Air Force flyer during the Cuban missle crisis. I've been riding bikes since 1950. Still riding a 1988 Harley FXR. Going to use my Elio for tailgating and all things McNeese State University. My # is 8510 and will be blue with college letters on both sides. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

That is unusual. Welcome to a troop of unusual people.

Top Bottom