• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Guesstimated Price

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Iafrisbee, that's probably right. Besides being pissed off a little, how many of us "all-iners" would say forget it if we had no choice about the $750? Probably not many. I'd grumble while picking up my Elio but I'd still be picking it up.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Iafrisbee, that's probably right. Besides being pissed off a little, how many of us "all-iners" would say forget it if we had no choice about the $750? Probably not many. I'd grumble while picking up my Elio but I'd still be picking it up.
Since he gave me $500 from jump, I look at it as only $250, which is not bad for that distance. JMO

Hawley Forde

Reaction score
A grumbling customer is NOT a good thing no matter how small the grumble. A person that is picking a car up is spending money to get there and taking a chance also that the car(any car you go to the factory and pickup) will make it home. Turn it into a marketing tool. Take the people that pick the car up and photograph them and the smiles on their faces. Show the fun!!! Put the pics up on the web site, make videos for Youtube. Use it to power more sales. If the marketing people at Elio can not think of this kind of thing, where did they get their degrees from?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A grumbling customer is NOT a good thing no matter how small the grumble. A person that is picking a car up is spending money to get there and taking a chance also that the car(any car you go to the factory and pickup) will make it home. Turn it into a marketing tool. Take the people that pick the car up and photograph them and the smiles on their faces. Show the fun!!! Put the pics up on the web site, make videos for Youtube. Use it to power more sales. If the marketing people at Elio can not think of this kind of thing, where did they get their degrees from?
Hawley, welcome to the forum and to the Elio family. Glad you found the forum because it contains the latest information, rumors, facts, fiction, and fantasies along with some extremely friendly and helpful people. Glad to know you are not timid about posting your comments. That's what makes this forum so much fun and so informative and provides hours of entertainment. Welcome to the Elio experience

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having just been through this when purchasing a Toyota built 50 miles from my door, I was told that delivery charges are assessed whether your car is built in your backyard or shipped from Tokyo. The logic of this escapes me ... and the real dollars it adds to cost is very annoying. Why should I subsidize the costs for people farther from the source?

I hope Elio replaces the "delivery" charge for Shreveport pickup to a far smaller "prep" charge.

Of course, this is a new car. I think I'd like to take possession within striking distance of a PepBoys rather than pulling right out onto the interestate and heading for Ohio...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd even be okay if they used my "delivery charge" to make sure I was treated like a VIP when I go to pick it up... Put me up in a hotel, pick me up for the ride to the factory, golf cart me to the start of the line and point out my Elio when it starts it's journey and then letting me walk with it as it gets built, maybe a lunch and a launch where they take pictures of me in my Elio wearing a "There, I got it now!" T-shirt.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You haven't. I was agreeing that they'll keep shipping the same whether they ship it 100 miles or 1,000 miles. I don't think they should charge shipping if they don't ship. It feels like that should be illegal.

I get the business rational that close to source customers are subsidizing further away customers, but if the close to source customer isn't charged anything for shipping
than the further away customer will complain that he/she is subsidizing the close to source customer, a "no win" scenario. It appears that the "industry" standard is to
charge everyone equally for shipping whether you are close to the source or not. Fine. But if the customer picks up the product at the factory IT HASN'T BEEN SHIPPED.
Therefore a shipping charge shouldn't be applied.....................
PS: For the Factory pickup you can call the fee something else but it will still smell bad.
PPS: I've said previously that the monies could be applied toward the "Factory Pickup Experience"......a sort of deodorizer, if you will. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom