• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Guesstimated Price

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul is in favor of waiving this for factory pickup; however the sales people insist that it is necessary to hold the price at the 750 point for others and to maintain "a one price fits all" structure. Those that live closest will be subsidizing shipping for those more remote, ie. Hawaii, Maine, Washington.

I'd be curious to hear what the 'Board' thinks............. :)

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Saturn got their launch by bringing people to the factory and treating them like something besides a source of money. It was hugely successful until corporate interest won out and it became just another GM badge.

Lessons to be learned............ :)

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the price for picking it up at the plant is the same for having it delivered to you then that is THE PRICE.
THE PRICE is supposed to be $6,800. If they are already laying a line of BS with, well the price is $6,800 but you have to pay an additional $750 for delivery, even if we do not deliver it.

If you live in Detroit & buy a new GM product are you charged a shipping fee? This assumes that your GM product was built in MI
& not in Mexico............... :)

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Color me stupid but if I go from Phoenix to Shreveport, on my nickel, to pick up my Elio how have I incurred a shipping charge that didn't happen??? :(
Show up get the tour and the hospitality AND have them ship it.

To add insult to injury they will be delivering it to a distribution point not your driveway so you're picking it up no matter what.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Color me stupid but if I go from Phoenix to Shreveport, on my nickel, to pick up my Elio how have I incurred a shipping charge that didn't happen??? :(
You haven't. I was agreeing that they'll keep shipping the same whether they ship it 100 miles or 1,000 miles. I don't think they should charge shipping if they don't ship. It feels like that should be illegal.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You haven't. I was agreeing that they'll keep shipping the same whether they ship it 100 miles or 1,000 miles. I don't think they should charge shipping if they don't ship. It feels like that should be illegal.
Perhaps they are calling this a delivery charge

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has had this "fairplay" mentality about pricing all aspects of the EE. If "he" adds $750 to the price of the vehicle(whether he calls it "Shipping" or "undercoating") it is still just a part of the price of the product. Now if he wants' to provide anyone that buys an EE a voucher for $750 if we consent to touring the factory, and applying that to the total price of the EE then I can live with another stupid layer of Bullshit...because that is what Charging everyone a set price for shipping is.

Top Bottom