• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Guy, No Reservation.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Will be very interested to hear your thoughts and follow you on your journey to making a reservation. Just as you sit right now, does that video push you into the "safety zone"? It's perfectly ok if it doesn't quite do it yet, but I'm intrigued to see if you will wait a bit more.

Last edited:

JMBishop

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think I will do it, I have to wait until after the wife's birthday.

It's still a gamble in my mind, but I'm now more comfortable with the odds. Funding is a heck of a lot easier to get with a working prototype! Sure they had a prototype before, but it wasn't complete without the engine.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It's still a gamble in my mind, but I'm now more comfortable with the odds. Funding is a heck of a lot easier to get with a working prototype! Sure they had a prototype before, but it wasn't complete without the engine.

upload_2015-3-6_13-31-41.jpeg

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I absolutely love the little orange Elio, the styling is great and as a Pontiac Fiero owner I already appreciate the practicality of little cars. I'm looking forward to updates and will reserve one as soon as I feel It's safe.
JMBishop, welcome to the forum. You might want to look at the thread "Friday is a big Day" or the Elio engine to get the latest information about the elio motor. Elio finally released a video of it on the dyno and it sounds fantastic. Enjoy the forum and the Elio experience.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Still, use caution. You'll be able to buy an Elio whether or not you put money down on one. Only take the risk if you (and your wife... trust me) are comfortable with it. I, personally, jumped in at $100 at first and then later to $1,000 but I didn't do that to get a car. I believe Paul is right in that it is past time that we have a car that fits our actual needs vs. driving something that we only REALLY need to use a few times a year. I jumped in to support his vision and feel that my contribution helps... not the actual money, but I'm one more person with a reservation. That reservation could help convince a supplier to gear up to make Elio parts. And that support is what will help Elio survive and will help America.

Jumping in supports Elio and will allow you to get a vehicle within the first year of production. If you don't mind waiting and aren't into supporting the vision, I'd suggest waiting.... but, the bug to buy bites hard!

Welcome and enjoy watching the birth of an American Auto Manufacturer!

Top Bottom