• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Guy, No Reservation.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now the question is, how hard would it be to build some good sized saddle bags that didn't have much negative effect on the drag?
I always thought the "passenger" side would allow for a thin case similar to a Thule (aerodynamic) mounted vertically, opening out would work very well,and would have low wind resistance

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now the question is, how hard would it be to build some good sized saddle bags that didn't have much negative effect on the drag?

It's been talked about a bit, and there's even some "renderings" by some of the artistic types here. Personally, I've been toying with the idea of making an aluminum framed trailer, and mounting one of these dudes on it (painted orange to match my Elio, of course). Keeping it narrow might allow the trailer to 'draft' behind the Elio, minimizing drag.
rooftop.jpg

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's been talked about a bit, and there's even some "renderings" by some of the artistic types here. Personally, I've been toying with the idea of making an aluminum framed trailer, and mounting one of these dudes on it (painted orange to match my Elio, of course). Keeping it narrow might allow the trailer to 'draft' behind the Elio, minimizing drag.
View attachment 5026
There are several companies that make small frame trailers specifically to mount these. Most that I have seen are in the $700-$800 range. Love to see someone make just the aluminum trailer, reasonably priced, and then we could install any size carrier we wanted.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, there, JMB, the $100 is not a big deal.....the REAL challenge is to put up with all of us until the Elio hits the street. This is overall one of the friendliest, most informative forums around. LOADS of info in all the threads, and it is searchable.
JP

Oh, and if you do have almost any question, do search it, because this bunch has answered it to shreds...

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello JMB, another former Fiero owner also, a little red 2M4, which I have mentioned a few times on these forums, like you said, they share common elements. Here is an idea, which I admit I did. I wasnt sure how my wife would take to it, so I reserved one in her name as a birthday present. She is all in now.

Top Bottom