• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Leader At Doe

floydv

Elio Addict
Not looking for political commentary or debate. Just wondering how this might affect the ATVM loan.

slinches

Elio Addict
I'll take a stab at an answer while trying to remain as factual and apolitical as this subject can be.

I don't know that there's a clear answer, but there are a few facts to consider. Rick Perry stated that he wanted to essentially shut down the DOE during his presidential campaign and has opposed some of the alternative energy loans in the past. He can't exactly pull the plug on everything as the head of the DOE, since congress authorizes the programs, but he can influence which programs get priority and act as a roadblock for the programs he doesn't like. As far as I'm aware, he has not commented on the ATVM specifically, but it seems to fit better with the pro-jobs and pro-oil stances Perry has historically espoused since it does not specifically target alternative energy or fuels.

My speculation on what that means:
It stands to reason that the ATVM is not likely to be specifically targeted and will only be negatively affected if the entire loan program office is effectively stalled. That could play favorably for EM, if the office sees an opportunity to ingratiate themselves with the new boss by issuing a loan to a company that fits his politics. It could also cause them to be fearful of granting any loans. I think it would help substantially if there were some positive statements about the Elio by Perry, but as far as I'm aware, he hasn't made any (positive or otherwise).

Frim

Elio Addict
Not looking for political commentary or debate. Just wondering how this might affect the ATVM loan.

Expect nothing until someone brings it to his attention. This is the man who forgot what agency he was going to eliminate. However, it would be good to see his Laissez Faire business model of Texas brought into Louisiana; Low taxes, worker friendly, new industry is welcome. He was probably chosen for promoting these qualities. All of which may or may not affect the loan when it comes to his attention.:bolt:

Coss

Staff member
This thread has been reopened. under conditions.
It is to talk about the ATVM LOAN ONLY!!
The first sign that it is drifting close to politics, it's gone and will not return.

This is as fair as we can make it, and still stay within forum rules.

I hope everyone understands, and if you see someone missing the point, please remind them of this notice.

Thank you

booboo

Elio Addict
Road to the Pilot Ops Center | Elio Motors Tour
My reply was " I thought you were on your way to Trump Tower ? "
Only got 1 like.

floydv

Elio Addict
My take: DOE will reduce funding on climate change programs and research, and more effort will be directed toward fossil fueled but more fuel efficient vehicles like Elio, particularly if such vehicles can/will be made in the US. Hence, I believe this increases the chances that the ATVM loan will be approved.

Not exactly the circumstances under which I would have preferred the loan to be issued, but I'll take it.

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Nothing political leaning right or left...but consider Rick Perry's previous position as the Texas Governor.

I'm not going to comment on his political comments or views of the past, however, Elio did recently post a blog article highlighting that the 2nd largest group of reservations is located in...none other than, Texas. This post by Elio may be strategical to remind Rick Perry that his state is a large supporter of the development of Elio Motors, and could help push the ATVM loan hopefully along with all their other efforts to secure it.