• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Leader At Doe

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
NO!

(This does come up about every 3 months or so)

Elio Motors has told us that a letter writing campaign would do more to hurt them then help them.
If you want to write to your congress people, go right ahead, but leave Elio Owners out of it.

Until the time they actually ask us to help them, we are not to write to anyone at the DOE, or congress as a group.
For several days I've tried to tell exactly that to individuals who want to get the entire membership of the Future Elio Owners of America to post messages to Mr. Trump. All I'm saying is for them to check with EM first before they run the risk of hurting EM's position (as EM has stated in the past). Will they listen to me? Nope. Too much ego going on there to even take the time to simply Email EM to find out if it's a good or bad idea. To his credit, John is waiting till EM gets back to him about launching his own similar campaign. But he's not using his influence to discourage those other people who've started this balls-to-the-wall thing. Gotta love Farcebook.

Update. Wow. Just got back from finding out I've been banned from the apparent land of reckless ego. Even before I hit the submit button on this post. I made an effort to contact John Giberson for an explanation since I was respectfully acting in what probably is EM's best interests, but I doubt I'll get a response.

No conversation, No warning what-so-ever. Nothing. Boom. Banned.
All access gone. All previous FB notifications from FEOOA gone. Purged.
It appears I may very well have picked on one of his favorite reckless zombies

Unbelievable and pitiful.

Oh Well...

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
I hope DOE approves the ATVM loan to Elio before Jan. 20th; now is the time for Elio to do some serious lobbying. The incoming administration may be wiling to let such loans stand if they are issued before Jan. 20th.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
For several days I've tried to tell exactly that to individuals who want to get the entire membership of the Future Elio Owners of America to write to and email Mr. Trump. All I'm saying is for them to check with EM first before they run the risk of hurting EM's position (as EM has stated in the past). Will they listen to me? Nope. Too much ego going on there to even take the time to simply Email EM to find out if it's a good or bad idea. To his credit, John is waiting till EM gets back to him about launching his own similar campaign. But he's not using his influence to discourage those other people who've started this balls-to-the-wall thing. Gotta love Farcebook.

Update. Wow. Just got back from finding out I've been banned from the apparent land of reckless ego. I made an effort to contact John Giberson for an explanation since I was respectfully acting in what probably is EM's best interests, but I doubt I'll get a response.

No conversation, No warning what-so-ever. Nothing. Boom. Banned.
All access gone. All previous FB notifications from FEOOA gone. Purged.
It appears I may have picked on one of his favorite zombies. Unbelievable and pitiful.

Oh Well...
Maybe EM could send them a "cease and desist"...

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Y'know outsyd, even though J.G. is waiting till Monday to find out if they "sanction" his campaign...
I found it totally irresponsible that he did not encourage the other individual and individuals to do the same.
Instead he actually posted the content of his own message that he supposedly sent to Trump via the provided link.

I tried (respectfully) to do the message thing on his personal facebook page.
After the ban. But I think you have to be "freinds" with the person for it to work.

I was also able to find an email addy that would get a message to him...
But from what I've seen of him so far, there's a good possibility in my mind...
That he's the type of person who would try to have me arrested for harassment.

Though I composed the email, I didn't send it and will probably take the safer course.

The guy was defending the instigator (no relation to ours) by saying that...
He (J.G.) believed everyone has a right to express their feelings on these subjects...
And he bans me, proving that he doesn't really believe it? What sense does that make?

Anyway the point is that I am going to contact EM about it.
Though I'm sure they're already aware of what they're dealing with.

I'd seen some really low life things happen over there in the past but...
H*ll, it was absolutely and totally obvious that i wasn't trolling.

Now that I've stuck my finger down my throat and puked up some of the poison...
I feel a little better. I'll go quiet on this for the sake of this site and our members.

I may come back and let you know what EM says...
But considering that there is another entity involved in the situation...
I may only be able to tell you how they feel about contacting government officials.

That I'll do, but I suspect that their position on it hasn't changed.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Y'know outsyd, even though J.G. is waiting till Monday to find out if they "sanction" his campaign...
I found it totally irresponsible that he did not encourage the other individual and individuals to do the same.
Instead he actually posted the content of his own message that he supposedly sent to Trump via the provided link.

I tried (respectfully) to do the message thing on his personal facebook page.
After the ban. But I think you have to be "freinds" with the person for it to work.

I was also able to find an email addy that would get a message to him...
But from what I've seen of him so far, there's a good possibility in my mind...
That he's the type of person who would try to have me arrested for harassment.

Though I composed the email, I didn't send it and will probably take the safer course.

The guy was defending the instigator (no relation to ours) by saying that...
He (J.G.) believed everyone has a right to express their feelings on these subjects...
And he bans me, proving that he doesn't really believe it? What sense does that make?

Anyway the point is that I am going to contact EM about it.
Though I'm sure they're already aware of what they're dealing with.

I'd seen some really low life things happen over there in the past but...
H*ll, it was absolutely and totally obvious that i wasn't trolling.

Now that I've stuck my finger down my throat and puked up some of the poison...
I feel a little better. I'll go quiet on this for the sake of this site and our members.

I may come back and let you know what EM says...
But considering that there is another entity involved in the situation...
I may only be able to tell you how they feel about contacting government officials.

That I'll do, but I suspect that their position on it hasn't changed.
I don't know who JG is (not doing FB might be a good reason why) but he sounds like the type of person that is "always right" no matter how wrong he is; the kind that even after he finds out he's wrong, he'll deny it with a "that's not what I said" denial built into his personality. These are the true troubled children of the world no matter how old they are; they have grown older with the same attitude that took on as a little kid, and no one ever took the time to teach them how to respect others. What a sad individual.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
I would like to think the Trump administration would like to increase job growth in the USA as soon as possible and would be in favor of entrepreneurs like Paul being successful as a new start up manufacturing company.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
JG is a Residential Real Estate Consultant living in Fla.
Checked out his FB. What A One Way Jerk.
Formally from Chicago.

Ekh

Elio Addict
One of the unfortunate premises of good communicating is you have to say the damn thing many times over. So here you are:

1. This is a period of governmental flux. Nobody knows how effective Trump's appointees will be at tearing down the depts they are to manage, or even if that is tha actual goal.

2. We're dealing with many instances of law and policy (new policy) colliding. Resolution unkown.

3. For now Elio Motors does not want mass involvement by reservationists and fans. May someday, maybe very soon, but not now. This is authoritative.

4. Please do not pee in the pot while the stew is cooking. Just wait until called for. And when called for, leap into it with a will.

Oh, yea, and 5. Don't imagine for one second that the beaurocrats and mandarins are going to roll over and play dead. Just wait -- better than a world soccer game, by far.

Stay tuned.