• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Venue: Elio In Phoenix/chandler This Weekend 5/3 & 5/4

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New Venue:

5/3 - 5/4
Chandler Fashion Center
3111 W Chandler Blvd Chandler, AZ
Near the Food Court
Saturday 10am - 9pm
Sunday 11am - 6pm

Zelio - I went ahead and updated your entry to reflect the changes
Thanks goofyone. Always feel free to update anything I enter from Elio Motors. You're on here a lot more than I am even though I out talk you. LOL :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New Venue:

5/3 - 5/4
Chandler Fashion Center
Near the Food Court
Saturday 10am - 9pm
Sunday 11am - 6pm

Does anyone know if this is a better venue? I'm all for change if it is for the benefit of Elio. :-) Z

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New Venue:

5/3 - 5/4
Chandler Fashion Center
Near the Food Court
Saturday 10am - 9pm
Sunday 11am - 6pm

That is the newest and largest Mall in the Phoenix area, more room and a cleaner venue as it is not at the intersection of 2 major thoroughfares.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Kuda, If you should think about it, could you measure the vertical height and length of the instrument cluster area? I'd appreciate knowing exactly what I might have to work with. Thanks

Visited the Chandler,AZ Fashion Center this morning the see the Elio. I was expecting the P3, the P4 was
recently in NYC as seen on Fox & Friends. So was pleasantly surprised to see the P4 near the food court
inside the mall (nice since it is supposed to hit 100' today). Got there early & was 1st in line. Sat in the
front & back. The front is very comfortable & roomy. I'm over 6ft & 220lbs and felt right at home The
back not so much, my head hits the roof liner. Jerome's too & he's 5'9". They are definitely going back
(Met Jerome, nice guy, very personable.) to the P3 roof line. The back seat, not as roomy as the front
(with a higher roof) should be fine for short trips. I don't plan on passengers other than my Dog & Banjo.
Wife wants no part of it. I say just wait until you drive it, I bet you'll want your own Elio. Well maybe, maybe not. :)
***********************************************************************************
Dash in the P4 measures 13" long by 6" high.
***********************************************************************************
Since H2odog did such a thorough job of covering most of our concerns I stuck to those
things still on my mind as follows:
? Is P5 crash testing on schedule for July?
Jerome: No, scheduled for 4th quarter this year.
P5 is finished except for some Aero. tweaks ; Aisen will supply the Auto. Trans.
Factory, as we know is a go, with hiring in December.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comau did the engine machining for GM at the Shreveport Plant.
They have revisited ELio's building in Shreveport & surveyed the machinery there & are satisfied with what they saw.
[Side note: When GM declared Bankruptcy the entire facility was sealed with everything incl. lunches & personal tools
still inside. That is how it stands now. Only the current owners & their Lessees have been allowed access.
Elio is also under some form of "Gag" order (why, I didn't ask) so it is difficult for Jerome to reveal too much.]

Regarding the shipping issue they are well aware of the reaction re., the Factory Tour pick-up shipping charge issue & will
figure out a reasonable way to deal with that bone of contention. Jerome follows all of the Elio forums, so he's pretty
up on how restless the natives are, etc............The Creamsicle color looked very fine to me & remains my 2nd choice if the
Red&white Retro look is't viable................Summation: Glad I went, well worth the time, met some nice future ELio owners too. :)

P4 Chandler.jpg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Visited the Chandler,AZ Fashion Center this morning the see the Elio. I was expecting the P3, the P4 was
recently in NYC as seen on Fox & Friends. So was pleasantly surprised to see the P4 near the food court
inside the mall (nice since it is supposed to hit 100' today). Got there early & was 1st in line. Sat in the
front & back. The front is very comfortable & roomy. I'm over 6ft & 220lbs and felt right at home The
back not so much, my head hits the roof liner. Jerome's too & he's 5'9". They are definitely going back
(Met Jerome, nice guy, very personable.) to the P3 roof line. The back seat, not as roomy as the front
(with a higher roof) should be fine for short trips. I don't plan on passengers other than my Dog & Banjo.
Wife wants no part of it. I say just wait until you drive it, I bet you'll want your own Elio. Well maybe, maybe not. :)
Since H2odog did such a thorough job of covering most of our concerns I stuck to those
P5 is finished except for some Aero. tweaks ; Aisen will supply the Auto. Trans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comau did the engine machining for GM at the Shreveport Plant.
They have revisited ELio's building in Shreveport & surveyed the machinery there & are satisfied with what they saw.
[Side note: When GM declared Bankruptcy the entire facility was sealed with everything incl. lunches & personal tools
still inside. That is how it stands now. Only the current owners & their Lessees have been allowed access.
Elio is also under some form of "Gag" order (why, I didn't ask) so it is difficult for Jerome to reveal too much.]

Regarding the shipping issue they are well aware of the reaction re., the Factory Tour pick-up shipping charge issue & will
figure out a reasonable way to deal with that bone of contention. Jerome follows all of the Elio forums, so he's pretty
up on how restless the natives are, etc............The Creamsicle color looked very fine to me & remains my 2nd choice if the
Red&white Retro look is't viable................Summation: Glad I went, well worth the time, met some nice future ELio owners too. :)

View attachment 832
Awesome report, Kuda. Thank you for updating us. I am so glad you got to see the P4 and I am also glad to hear they are going back to the P3 roof line in back. I look forward to seeing the results. Weren't you even tempted to have your picture taken with Elio? LOL :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding the "Gag" order this (snipped from another forum) may shed a little light: but the one thing I would share is that Paul indicated that they are in the process of a private placement, and that it is going well. If/when that info goes public, we might actually start seeing some progress.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/privateplacement.asp :)

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Awesome report, Kuda. Thank you for updating us. I am so glad you got to see the P4 and I am also glad to hear they are going back to the P3 roof line in back. I look forward to seeing the results. Weren't you even tempted to have your picture taken with Elio? LOL :) Z

My friend Don took one on his phone & said he'd email it to me...... :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 832
Thanks for the update and your impressions.

Top Bottom