• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Venue: Elio In Phoenix/chandler This Weekend 5/3 & 5/4

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know from personal experience, but I've read on multiple boards about Aisen having a bad rep. Is anyone here familiar with Aisen?

Considering how many transmissions they make I am sure they have had some bad models however considering they are the largest transmission manufacturer in the world chances are most of their transmissions are just fine. Aisin AW supplies transmissions to 55 automotive manufacturers around the world, virtually every major OEM. These include General Motors, Ford, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Saab, Audi, VW, Volvo, Hyundai among others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aisin_transmissions

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Considering how many transmissions they make I am sure they have had some bad models however considering they are the largest transmission manufacturer in the world chances are most of their transmissions are just fine. Aisin AW supplies transmissions to 55 automotive manufacturers around the world, virtually every major OEM. These include General Motors, Ford, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Saab, Audi, VW, Volvo, Hyundai among others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aisin_transmissions
That's probably true. Plus, the transmission won't be dealing with a lot of power or weight. That should help with longevity.

Catdad

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I visited the mall yesterday around noon and there probably 60 or so people gathered around the car looking at it. I then went back around 7:30 last night and the crowd was down to around a dozen or so and I was able to get a better look inside. This is important, since if production goes as planned, my Mini Cooper will have a roommate in the garage next year and I'd like an idea of what to expect. I signed up for an "all in" reservation and am looking forward to hearing and seeing more information from Elio!

vtx04

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I visited the Elio today and had a nice conversation with Mr Vassallo. From what he said,
a) The credit card financing deal is on the table, but most of the banks want a 'minimum payment' of $100. The whole thing is based on bank's cooperation, and the $100 minimum payment when we fill up is not acceptable. Further research is being done.
b) Also found out that (as most felt) Toyota was the secret Japanese company looking at taking over Shreveport. As most know, they went to Texas. Elio can begin re-tooling any time they want.
c) Designers are looking at sound deadening and insulation. The current prototype is "rather noisy" inside.
d) The a/c unit they're looking at using is a unit that is currently fitted in the rear seat area of Chrysler minivans. (As per their mantra...using readily available parts)
e) The Fox show in NY last week did not go as planned. The host was not supposed to drive away. And he was definitely not supposed to drive down a road under construction, and tear off the exhaust system on an exposed/raised manhole cover.
I was more interested in talking with Mr Vassallo than seeing the car. I drove down to Tucson a few weeks ago for that. Hope this is news to some.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I visited the Elio today and had a nice conversation with Mr Vassallo. From what he said,
a) The credit card financing deal is on the table, but most of the banks want a 'minimum payment' of $100. The whole thing is based on bank's cooperation, and the $100 minimum payment when we fill up is not acceptable. Further research is being done.
b) Also found out that (as most felt) Toyota was the secret Japanese company looking at taking over Shreveport. As most know, they went to Texas. Elio can begin re-tooling any time they want.
c) Designers are looking at sound deadening and insulation. The current prototype is "rather noisy" inside.
d) The a/c unit they're looking at using is a unit that is currently fitted in the rear seat area of Chrysler minivans. (As per their mantra...using readily available parts)
e) The Fox show in NY last week did not go as planned. The host was not supposed to drive away. And he was definitely not supposed to drive down a road under construction, and tear off the exhaust system on an exposed/raised manhole cover.
I was more interested in talking with Mr Vassallo than seeing the car. I drove down to Tucson a few weeks ago for that. Hope this is news to some.

Nice.....Good Stuff....... :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I wish we were growing industrial hemp in this country. It is currently being used as insulation in cars in Great Britain because of it is very light weight and efficient. Unfortunately having to import from GB isn't an option for Elio.

Yikes! Every time I see these TV personalities drive off in our Elio I hold my breath. I realize it is good PR but I sure wish there was a better way of doing it. Sigh! :-) Z

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That had to be really painful for Mr. Elio. :eek: :(

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Visited the Chandler,AZ Fashion Center this morning the see the Elio.
***********************************************************************************
Dash in the P4 measures 13" long by 6" high.
***********************************************************************************
Kuda, I thank you for that specific bit of information. Wonder what we will get on the P5? but it gives me a starting point. Thanks again!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kuda, I thank you for that specific bit of information. Wonder what we will get on the P5? but it gives me a starting point. Thanks again!

Happy too, any time. As I remarked I'm glad I went, sorry I missed Paul, maybe next go round. :)
PS: There is considerably more room regarding length(I measured only the Instrument display), say 3-4" on either side. The height however is largely constant. :)

Top Bottom