• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

News From Shreveport

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I seem to recall Maytag being interested in the facility at one point. I wonder if they were Operation Phoenix...
Maytag was headquartered in Newton, IA. They were bought out by Whirlpool several years ago and most 'Maytag' facilities have ceased to exist. Possibly Whirlpool was 'Phoenix', but not Maytag. And Google says Whirlpool is headquartered in Benton Harbor, MI. The committee members were saying Houston.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I seem to recall Maytag being interested in the facility at one point. I wonder if they were Operation Phoenix...
Maytag/Whilpoole moved the bulk of their manufacturing operation to Brazil back in the 80s or 90s. I hadn't heard of any plan to move back and I believe the current base for Operation Phoenix is Houston for what it's worth.

ps The Phoenix Tower in Houston may be associated with Operation Phoenix or it might be a coincidence. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Tower

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Waiting with optimism, Getting such a large endeavor off the drawing board and bringing so many different organizations together, is a real hassle at best, I wish the ELIO team GOD speed and good luck,,,,,
Jackvpihl, welcome to the forum and the Elio family. Great bunch of people here and lots of information. Most are very friendly and this is a pro-Elio fan support site that is not part of Elio Motors. Enjoy the journey and the Elio experience with us.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm waiting on real "Where is the Elio" news from Shreveport or Elio Motors. Shreveport's local political politics and EM's Marketing politics both targeted at us while in reality both dedicated to their own self interests. My reality is that neither is doing much to get the Elio into our garages in a timely manner.
IMG_5399.GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom