• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

News From Shreveport

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do wonder why Elio did not ask for a loan from the LA state government to get rolling. The article mentioned that possibility. If the DOE can help fund private companies we know that government has the ability to do so. A loan of course, not a grant.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always knew there were some shenanigans at most hiring departments since following up applications inevitably leads to, "we decided not to hire at this time..." closely followed by backdoor information that they did hire a connected employees child or friend. I guess that is LOCAL POLITICS.

I am small town. In this locale, you have to inherit a job or get "grandfathered' in. Applications are to satisfy those" pesky" regulations. Newcomers are newcomers for 10 years. If you can retire to a small community, bring your money with you.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a very similar conversation going on in the thread called "This looks promising"

Don't know how it got started on a parallel though, but it is something worth reading.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a ton of ignorance on display with those posts following the article. I understand the frustration, but reactionary anger will not bring those jobs any sooner than Elio will. By my count, the 60 month window the Parrish gave IDB to find new tenants and begin production is still two years away. And the warehouse(?) is certainly not empty after the sale of excess production equipment. That's why it's called EXCESS! Now I don't know who should have received the proceeds from the sale which is the subject of the lawsuit with RACER, but it's not Elio Motors.

Top Bottom