• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

News From Shreveport

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have an interesting question. Why don't more Elio enthusiasts speak their minds in the actual comment section of articles like these? Instead of ONLY doing that in relative safety here?
Would you feel better if I pastebin'd the relevant sections of my post above, and dropped a link in the comments section for the relevant article, if their site lets me? (Their character limits are a nuisance.)

Can't speak for everyone or all articles, but on the two linked above their sign-in prompt just looped back on itself a few times when I tried to sign in with my Google account to do just that, and I have a very low tolerance for non-standards-compliant web pages, or any others that don't play well with my chosen web browsers. It's a hang-up of mine. Makes me curse under my breath, talk trash about their sysadmin and web team, and avoid the tainted site indefinitely. Hey, I've made no claims to being well-adjusted!

Also, years of hanging out on old-school message boards has conditioned me to deliberately avoid feeding trolls, and a fair portion of them are cases of Poe's Law, as far as I can discern. I can't tell if they're trolls, waiting for a reaction to begin the chase, or if they're just that willfully ignorant about business and economic realities. It's a recipe for frustration, and realistically it's not likely to convince anyone who is already masquerading such blatant rationalization as cool-headed skepticism or wisdom. It can help other readers, passers-by, though, so I take your point.

EDIT: First part's done.
http://pastebin.com/VkZZ97He
If anyone is a local or has a proper account there or whathaveyou, feel free to drop in the link- call me the walls-o-text Elio fanboy, or something, I don't care. Otherwise, I'll try their login prompt again in a few minutes- right now, I'm feeling a bit peckish.

Last edited:

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh, now you play like you had nothing to do with winding me up! :)

It's no use, I've already got an idea planted in my head. It's going to grow into something aggrandized and ridiculous, no matter what we all want or know is good for us. Clearly, you all don't know me well enough here yet. Oh, the plans I would brew if I still had my webserver running, and weren't constrained by this confounded residential-only ISP...

Of course, you'll all know me very well, very soon. Whether you want to or not.
;)

Seriously, though, I probably will fling that link at them after lunch, like so much digital monkey poo.

Also, if I misunderstood you, please let me know how. I know I'm liable to do that, once I get overly focused on one issue.

EDIT: Done, at least with the more recent article. Still couldn't get my Google account to work with their login prompt, but my Twitter ID worked.

Last edited:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I watched a new you tube video the other day about Elio and in the comments a woman said her brother in law used to work in the plant for GM and that he has filled out an application for employment with Elio. Does anyone know if they are starting to look for factory workers or is this B.S. They say they will start fleet production in Dec. getting very close to that!
From my far-too-many-years of filling out employment apps, it's my experience that some companies (used to work for one) would advertise for positions that MIGHT be available in the near future. (I.e., approval to advertise did not mean approval to fill.)

After 90 days, all the employment apps at least that old were discarded on the assumption that the applier has probably already found work. If during that time, the position was approved to be filled then they would start going over the current crop off applications and checking to see who was still interested. In the meantime the applicant knows nothing because they're not really hiring. If it's a responsible company, then in a year or so they'll send an email saying thanks for applying, the position has been filled, try again later.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Every time I see activity on this thread I get excited thinking workers are being hired or some plant activity is taking place. Sadly each time disappointed.

I'm going to venture a guess...The very first "SIL" holders will be contacted, to finalize their Elio, before EM starts hiring factory workers. TY worked at that factory and has said, (come on TY, fill in the blank!) "it shouldn't take more that "xx minutes" to teach the line-workers to do their job."
I'm assuming many of the first ones hired will have worked there before.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From my far-too-many-years of filling out employment apps, it's my experience that some companies (used to work for one) would advertise for positions that MIGHT be available in the near future. (I.e., approval to advertise did not mean approval to fill.)

After 90 days, all the employment apps at least that old were discarded on the assumption that the applier has probably already found work. If during that time, the position was approved to be filled then they would start going over the current crop off applications and checking to see who was still interested. In the meantime the applicant knows nothing because they're not really hiring. If it's a responsible company, then in a year or so they'll send an email saying thanks for applying, the position has been filled, try again later.
I always knew there were some shenanigans at most hiring departments since following up applications inevitably leads to, "we decided not to hire at this time..." closely followed by backdoor information that they did hire a connected employees child or friend. I guess that is LOCAL POLITICS.

Top Bottom