• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nfl 2016 - 17 Fan Talk Page

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Steelers won, of course. Big Ben (didn't feel like spelling that last name) is in a boot but should still be able to play next week.

Let me look back on my predictions and review the games as I saw them...

Lions did not inspire and let the Seahawks win.
The Giants couldn't do anything on offense which set Green Bay up for easy scores and a big win. Ni
Well, well, well... Number 2 seed in the NFC! It'll be a tough road to hoe in the NFC this year.

AFC
The winner of the Raiders/Texans game won't make it past the next round but, I'll give this one to the Raiders. They've been playing pretty well and are the best equipped to play without their starting quarterback. WRONG! Texans advance to the next round but face New England. Good luck with that one. This game was bad to watch.

The Dolphins had a nice run but the Steelers SHOULD take this one though I'd think it would be pretty close. CORRECT! Were the Steelers playing hard/hitting hard or what? They looked tough.

Divisional Round

Patriots should beat either the Dolphins or the winner of the Raiders/Texans game without any issue.
The Chiefs will play either the Steelers or the winner of the Raiders/Texans game. If they play the Steelers, they lose, otherwise, Chiefs move on.

AFC Championship Round
Patriots. I know, jump on a bandwagon, how about it. Is anyone in the AFC outplaying Brady at this point? I think the Patriots will outplay the Chiefs in this one. The Steelers, if they were to survive the Chiefs, would give them more of a challenge but I think the outcome will be the same.

NFC
The Lions may not have what it takes to take down the Seahawks at home. I see the Seahawks winning this one. CORRECT! The Seahawks won this one but they didn't look like a playoff team. Maybe they'll rise to the occasion but if they play this week like they did against the Lions, their goose is cooked.

Giants/Packers - I'm betting Dallas is hoping the Packers take this one as the Giants seem to have their number. Packers in a tight one. CORRECT! Actually, this wasn't really all that close... not at all. I don't know how much was the dominance of the Packers and how much was the poor showing by the usually "good in the playoffs" Giants. Eli can join Payton this weekend and watch whatever cable service Payton has been pimping.

The divisional round puts Dallas against either the Lions or the winner of the Giants/Packers game. I'm going with Dallas beating the Packers in Dallas.
Atlanta will face either Seattle or the winner of the Giants/Packers game. I pick Atlanta (of course) over Seattle in Atlanta.

NFC Conference Championship Game

Atlanta vs. Dallas would be outstanding... and bad. My wife is a Cowboys (and Saints) fan. Go figure.

I'll pick Atlanta in that one because... Well, just because, dammit.

SUPER BOWL
Atlanta vs. Patriots Ha... Well, I'm allowed to be biased at this point. I kind of think you could end up with the Patriots against the Cowboys in the Super Bowl but come on, man - the Falcons have probably never had a better team than they do right now and they have maybe one or two more years with Matt Ryan in order to do something. This would be a great year to see it happen.
Atlanta over Dallas 38-27.
Fine. Patriots over Dallas 28-24

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now, lets tackle THIS weekend's 4 games.

AFC
1. Houston(4) at New England(1). I'll take the Patriots by 20.
2. Steelers(3) at Kansas City(2). Man, this should be a good game! It'll be a close one. I'll pick Kansas City here.

- These picks would put KC at NE for the AFC championship game

NFC
3. Green Bay(4) at Dallas(1). I'll pick Dallas in a last minute drive. Hey, my wife COULD read this forum some day...
4. Seattle(3) at Atlanta(2). Of course, I'm going to pick Atlanta. I'll say 31-36 Atlanta... but, it'll be 17-36 to start the 4th quarter.

- These picks would put Atlanta at Dallas for the NFC championship game... and me in the dog house if Atlanta wins it.

Come on, guys, weigh in. I've numbered the games so you don't have to keep repeating the names if you don't want.

Is it odd that each conference has their 1-4 seeds remaining?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Now, lets tackle THIS weekend's 4 games.

AFC
1. Houston(4) at New England(1). I'll take the Patriots by 20.
2. Steelers(3) at Kansas City(2). Man, this should be a good game! It'll be a close one. I'll pick Kansas City here.

- These picks would put KC at NE for the AFC championship game

NFC
3. Green Bay(4) at Dallas(1). I'll pick Dallas in a last minute drive. Hey, my wife COULD read this forum some day...
4. Seattle(3) at Atlanta(2). Of course, I'm going to pick Atlanta. I'll say 31-36 Atlanta... but, it'll be 17-36 to start the 4th quarter.

- These picks would put Atlanta at Dallas for the NFC championship game... and me in the dog house if Atlanta wins it.

Come on, guys, weigh in. I've numbered the games so you don't have to keep repeating the names if you don't want.

Is it odd that each conference has their 1-4 seeds remaining?

" ....... Is it odd that each conference has their 1-4 seeds remaining...." I said that very same thing last night when I was reading the match ups; for a change, no underdog team working their way through the whole ladder.

AFC I agree, I see it the same way too

NFC here's where we differ 3 GB @ 1 Dallas is going to be a strange game 2 completely different style of teams. If GB doesn't stop Dak, Dallas will win easy, but if GB defense figures out how to stop him, it will be just like last year's super bowel where Denver defense just had their way with the panthers.

Seattle at Atlanta umm do you remember when they played earlier in the year? You remember the outcome of that game?
I say it's a replay of the same thing, Seattle will end up on top again.

I'm not going to go beyond this weekend, I have to wait until Sunday night when all of the results are in before taking the next step.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" ....... Is it odd that each conference has their 1-4 seeds remaining...." I said that very same thing last night when I was reading the match ups; for a change, no underdog team working their way through the whole ladder.

AFC I agree, I see it the same way too

NFC here's where we differ 3 GB @ 1 Dallas is going to be a strange game 2 completely different style of teams. If GB doesn't stop Dak, Dallas will win easy, but if GB defense figures out how to stop him, it will be just like last year's super bowel where Denver defense just had their way with the panthers.

Seattle at Atlanta umm do you remember when they played earlier in the year? You remember the outcome of that game?
I say it's a replay of the same thing, Seattle will end up on top again.

I'm not going to go beyond this weekend, I have to wait until Sunday night when all of the results are in before taking the next step.

Green Bay will be playing without Jordy Nelson and they'll have to find a way to stop Zeke, not Dak. I think Dak is a middling quarterback who just happens to have a great offensive line. Who couldn't throw with that kind of time? What receiver can't get open given enough time? It'll still be a close game though. GB will devote too many resources to Zeke which will open at least one receiver each play and Dak isn't a bad QB. He can find an open man. Rodgers can too and should keep the game interesting.

Atlanta had that game won. They led till there was less than 2:00 on the clock.
Seattle has scored over 30 points exactly 4 times this year, a feat Atlanta pulled off 11 times. Atlanta's defense has gotten at least a little better since week 6. If this game ends up being a close one, I'll be surprised. I've been wrong before but I don't think this will be one of those times.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Announced today, SD Charger will be known as LA Chargers and they are moving ASAP.
They put a vote to the people for a new stadium, and the people said "No, we ain't gone to pay for a new Stadium".
So the new ownership (son of original owners) said since we can't get a new stadium, we're leaving for the new Stadium in LA.
So the LA stadium will work like NY Giants/Jets stadium in New Jersey

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh one other thing, the stadium the Chargers will use for the next 2 years, until the new stadium is built, only seats 30,000 people.
And supposedly, San Diego people are very upset that the Chargers are leaving San Diego, after 55 years

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry Coss, bad info. It happened a lot different than that.
No negotations on Chargers owner part. He wouldn't budge, even after being offered a $1.00 year lease. (Mayors press conference)
Very complicated process.
Even LA doesn't want the Chargers. (LA Times)
Right, Playing in a 30K capacity stadium? till the new one is built?
I think Oakland will end up in Nevada, sooner or later. (Money talks)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Coss, bad info. It happened a lot different than that.
No negotations on Chargers owner part. He wouldn't budge, even after being offered a $1.00 year lease. (Mayors press conference)
Very complicated process.
Even LA doesn't want the Chargers. (LA Times)
Right, Playing in a 30K capacity stadium? till the new one is built?
I think Oakland will end up in Nevada, sooner or later. (Money talks)
That's just what they said on NFL Insider on TV this afternoon. If it's wrong, sorry, that's how they explained it.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The mayor had a 30 minute press conference about it.
Very enlightening, and the NFL commissioner knew what was going on with the negotations every step of the way.

Top Bottom