• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nfl 2016 - 17 Fan Talk Page

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was delivering pizza Sunday. I saw the score was 21-0, and all I could think of was the game the Ravens had against the Patriots when we were up by two scores TWICE. They beat us that game. The thing is the Pats can exploit the slightest mistake and make you pay for it.

Ty sir, I wanted the Falcons win something awful.

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. The Falcon's defense has never been top tier but they really did a great job for most of the game. They were visibly gassed by the time the 4th quarter rolled around. Think about it - they stopped Tom MuthaFkn Brady for 3 quarters. For 3 quarters, the Patriots had no answer - not for the Falcon's offense or for their defense. The Falcons just ran roughshod over the Patriots. Then, they had nothing left in the tank... 3 straight 3rd down holds to give the Patriots first downs didn't help... Matt Ryan's first turnover in the playoffs didn't help... trying to stay aggressive in their last possession didn't help when they could have just tried a couple of run plays and then kicked a field goal... losing the coin toss is almost always a death knell for the toss loser when both teams are high scoring. Oh well.

It isn't that the Falcons lost that gets me. It's the fact that no matter how well they do in the future, I'll always have that feeling deep inside that they'll just give it all away in a crucial game. Well, screw that. We'll be back next year!

With all that being said, I'm going to switch my avatar shortly. This isn't because I'm embarrassed or anything. I don't live football but enjoy the season. The season is over. There were 30 teams that watched the Super Bowl and only two teams who got to play. I'll take that.

Congrats, all you Patriots fans. That was one hell of a comeback.

Sorry Ty. Tulsa lost 2 football games last year by a single yard. Sometimes you can't be greedy and just play for 3 pts.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry Ty. Tulsa lost 2 football games last year by a single yard. Sometimes you can't be greedy and just play for 3 pts.
The Falcons were on the edge of Matt Bryant's range on their last drive. They had to move the ball a little bit and their passing game had been pretty good. Then, Matt Ryan got sacked... and the next play was holding. That 20+ total lost yards in two plays moved them outside of field goal range. It's not like they were playing greedy. They were playing aggressive to avoid losing the game because they backed off too much. In this case, it backfired on them anyway. Like I said, that was tough to watch. At least I get 3 quarters filled with hope and which were fun to watch.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The Falcons were on the edge of Matt Bryant's range on their last drive. They had to move the ball a little bit and their passing game had been pretty good. Then, Matt Ryan got sacked... and the next play was holding. That 20+ total lost yards in two plays moved them outside of field goal range. It's not like they were playing greedy. They were playing aggressive to avoid losing the game because they backed off too much. In this case, it backfired on them anyway. Like I said, that was tough to watch. At least I get 3 quarters filled with hope and which were fun to watch.
I know how you feel Ty, remember I'm a Seahawks fan, and we still hear about the last play when we played the Pat's.
Hard part is knowing that we still have the same OC from that time.

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Dikij, post: anyone playing against the cheating Patriots.
So ddo ya think the Russians hacked the Falcon playbook or maybe it was the drones :D :D[/QUOTE]
Nah, the Falcons just blew it. Doesn't mean that I really care that much. After all , the Saints weren't even in the playoffs this year and I still dislike the lip reader deflategaters.

Top Bottom