• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nfl 2016 - 17 Fan Talk Page

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I lost a $5 bet to a buddy of mine on who would win.
Note to self - Swing by the bank after work to buy 10 rolls of pennies. :rolleyes::D

My deepest condolences to Ty and all of the Falcon's fans. Had to be hard to watch.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Dikij, post: anyone playing against the cheating Patriots.[/QUOTE]
So do ya think the Russians hacked the Falcon playbook or maybe it was the drones :D :D

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the one hand, It feels bad loosing the SB by the flip of a coin. If the Falcons had won the coin toss, they could have scored a TD first. I know "maybe". then on the other hand, If they could not hold a, what was it, 18 -20 point lead!! well, probably don't deserve to be SB champs.

Last edited:

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coss will along shortly, to chastise you for posting in the wrong thread.
Doug has been traumatized but he is one of the good guys .

One of the classiest things was the opening coin toss .I know a trooper who pulled security at the Bushes summer home and said they we're real people .Barbara also funded and started a children's hospital ,one of the best in the world .In past years you could find the Bushes reading books in a quiet corner to kids with serious or terminal conditions .
I thought it was such a great tribute to have George do the coin toss .

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. The Falcon's defense has never been top tier but they really did a great job for most of the game. They were visibly gassed by the time the 4th quarter rolled around. Think about it - they stopped Tom MuthaFkn Brady for 3 quarters. For 3 quarters, the Patriots had no answer - not for the Falcon's offense or for their defense. The Falcons just ran roughshod over the Patriots. Then, they had nothing left in the tank... 3 straight 3rd down holds to give the Patriots first downs didn't help... Matt Ryan's first turnover in the playoffs didn't help... trying to stay aggressive in their last possession didn't help when they could have just tried a couple of run plays and then kicked a field goal... losing the coin toss is almost always a death knell for the toss loser when both teams are high scoring. Oh well.

It isn't that the Falcons lost that gets me. It's the fact that no matter how well they do in the future, I'll always have that feeling deep inside that they'll just give it all away in a crucial game. Well, screw that. We'll be back next year!

With all that being said, I'm going to switch my avatar shortly. This isn't because I'm embarrassed or anything. I don't live football but enjoy the season. The season is over. There were 30 teams that watched the Super Bowl and only two teams who got to play. I'll take that.

Congrats, all you Patriots fans. That was one hell of a comeback.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. The Falcon's defense has never been top tier but they really did a great job for most of the game. They were visibly gassed by the time the 4th quarter rolled around. Think about it - they stopped Tom MuthaFkn Brady for 3 quarters. For 3 quarters, the Patriots had no answer - not for the Falcon's offense or for their defense. The Falcons just ran roughshod over the Patriots. Then, they had nothing left in the tank... 3 straight 3rd down holds to give the Patriots first downs didn't help... Matt Ryan's first turnover in the playoffs didn't help... trying to stay aggressive in their last possession didn't help when they could have just tried a couple of run plays and then kicked a field goal... losing the coin toss is almost always a death knell for the toss loser when both teams are high scoring. Oh well.

It isn't that the Falcons lost that gets me. It's the fact that no matter how well they do in the future, I'll always have that feeling deep inside that they'll just give it all away in a crucial game. Well, screw that. We'll be back next year!

With all that being said, I'm going to switch my avatar shortly. This isn't because I'm embarrassed or anything. I don't live football but enjoy the season. The season is over. There were 30 teams that watched the Super Bowl and only two teams who got to play. I'll take that.

Congrats, all you Patriots fans. That was one hell of a comeback.
Very well stated Ty, first class all the way. :thumb:

Top Bottom