• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nimbus

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes it does have an adequate passenger seat/space, based on the video I watch of a passenger entering, sitting, and exiting the Nimbus. It seems you think to have a better understanding of my needs and wants than I do.

I have serious interest in the Nimbus concept, but a test drive or 30 day rental is needed to validate whether or not I would rent or buy one.
That's the plan. My concern is if they're able to cross production status, at what actual sticker price will it be? Tilting wheel technology is still expensive- case in point, TILTING MOTOR WORKS sells their tilting wheel conversion kit for your Hondas, Harleys, Indians, etc. for 13K + including professional installation. Nimbus $9,880 price is too good to be true.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tilting wheel technology is still expensive- case in point, TILTING MOTOR WORKS sells their tilting wheel conversion kit for your Hondas, Harleys, Indians, etc. for 13K + including professional installation.
Plus they still lose money. To the tune of $1.3M for the first 9 months of 2022. Then $485K for the last 3 months from the last filing (9/30/22). So they average $144K per month of a loss for 9 months and the last 3, just shy of 162K per month. So even TMW is costing Arcimoto money. They sell at a loss. With that, we can blame the Chinese balloon for TMW's issues. Makes you wonder why Arcimoto bought that money losing company for $10M.

Nimbus does not use the TMW technology for their product. So, both tilt, yet both do it a different way. Thus no patent infringement.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 26378
Unless my eyes are playing tricks with me, you're looking at a 2 seater Nimbus with two full size adults. But if you're XXX size, then it ain't for you. :nerd:;)
Please look at the side views. Technically you could get two in it but you'll need to be really small to fit in the back. I suggest you watch the guru of three wheelers as you'll see. There's about 2" of rear legroom. You need to ride spread leg and keep the door open (like in the pic you showed).

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Plus they still lose money. To the tune of $1.3M for the first 9 months of 2022. Then $485K for the last 3 months from the last filing (9/30/22). So they average $144K per month of a loss for 9 months and the last 3, just shy of 162K per month. So even TMW is costing Arcimoto money. They sell at a loss. With that, we can blame the Chinese balloon for TMW's issues. Makes you wonder why Arcimoto bought that money losing company for $10M.

Nimbus does not use the TMW technology for their product. So, both tilt, yet both do it a different way. Thus no patent infringement.
I know that. I'm not comparing TMW and Nimbus tilt tech, just mentioning the cost of using it on a 3wheeler.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please look at the side views. Technically you could get two in it but you'll need to be really small to fit in the back. I suggest you watch the guru of three wheelers as you'll see. There's about 2" of rear legroom. You need to ride spread leg and keep the door open (like in the pic you showed).
Again, the picture I posted holds two adults with the passenger knees way clear of the door if it's in place. Your video doesn't show a passenger in it so there's really no way of telling unless you've seen it close and personal. Besides, it's still in a prototype stages were adjustments and fitments are still in the works. The Nimbus is also not meant for long drives even with the bigger batteries but it has the fun factor of 1+1 seating and it's tilt tech. We'll never know until late this year (Sept-) if refinements were made and a release date.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again, the picture I posted holds two adults with the passenger knees way clear of the door if it's in place. Your video doesn't show a passenger in it so there's really no way of telling unless you've seen it close and personal. Besides, it's still in a prototype stages were adjustments and fitments are still in the works. The Nimbus is also not meant for long drives even with the bigger batteries but it has the fun factor of 1+1 seating and it's tilt tech. We'll never know until late this year (Sept-) if refinements were made and a release date.
Based on RS’s knowledge of the Nimbus he likely has had personal experience in the back seat. There appears to be adequate space in the rear seat passenger compartment to meet our needs, but apparently RS wasn’t comfortable.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Based on RS’s knowledge of the Nimbus he likely has had personal experience in the back seat. There appears to be adequate space in the rear seat passenger compartment to meet our needs, but apparently RS wasn’t comfortable.
He's been touting the Vanderhall and comparing it whenever a 3wheeler topic comes up, had test-driven it so I'm sure he owns one already. I wonder if helmet is still required if he's got the roof cover version.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He's been touting the Vanderhall and comparing it whenever a 3wheeler topic comes up, had test-driven it so I'm sure he owns one already. I wonder if helmet is still required if he's got the roof cover version.
There could be an autocycle endorsement and helmet exemption in his home State. The Nimbus is one I really want to test drive and I would travel a ways to test it. Time will tell.

Top Bottom