• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Rear Window / Rear View Camera

Paul Heitzman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
There is no right side door. All of the shifting and wiring will be run down the right side. The opening in the picture of P4 is the trunk opening.

binro

Elio Fan
Reaction score
http://www.elioowners.com/index.php?threads/right-side-no-door.117/#post-901
See some pics on this post... also you can even purchase rear view cameras that are wireless some are bluetooth. I even saw one that the monitor looks like an internal rear view mirror and reverses the picture so the view is like one would see in the mirror ... so lots of options if you really want or need
My rear-view camera has a switch on the back, so you can have the image reversed or not. Your choice!

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a big rig driver, I think I can handle no rear view mirror. But I love the camera idea,
I have backup cameras in both of my cars, everything is just dandy until it rains or snows then they are worthless. I would hate to see someone get dependent on the camera and be lost when it gets dirty.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no blind spot so I don't think this will be an issue for anyone.:)
Will just have to use the force.
upload_2014-5-4_21-48-36.jpeg

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you have a passenger or something large in the trunk you may not be able to use the inside mirror.:(
I'm reasonably certain that since there's no rear window, there's also no inside mirror. I'm planning to install something that will allow me eye contact with my rear seat passenger. Don't know yet exactly what that will be, perhaps just an off center vanity mirror on the visor.

Top Bottom