• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Rear Window / Rear View Camera

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One bad thing, at night, the lights from the car directly behind will shine directly into the mirrors and into your eyes. When this happens with my car I use the power mirror and adjust them out of my eyes. You can do this with manual, but if it's pissing down rain, that would not be fun.

The side view mirrors on my truck have an auto dimming feature just like most rear view mirrors do these days. It would be sweet if they were available for the elio. Perhaps another aftermarket item.

russell ramsdell

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna mount my back-up camera screen where the mirror would go-they need to make a panoramic sized screen the size of a regular rear view mirror -also zoom in-out would be nice to

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what it is but some people have difficulty with a rearview camera that's constantly on. We discovered a hack on the Lexus back-up camera that turns it on constantly (I think it's used for service). But that constant streaming of the road behind running away from you has given a number of people motion sickness. Some folks turned it on and within a few miles became rather ill. The problem may relate to the downward angle of the camera and that 7" screen at the top of the dash where it's constantly in your line of vision. YMMV

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what it is but some people have difficulty with a rearview camera that's constantly on. We discovered a hack on the Lexus back-up camera that turns it on constantly (I think it's used for service). But that constant streaming of the road behind running away from you has given a number of people motion sickness. Some folks turned it on and within a few miles became rather ill. The problem may relate to that 7" screen at the top of the dash where it's constantly in your line of vision. YMMV
That may be it. It could be that breaking the law was making them sick! :cool:

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recently read that a rear view camera will be available as a after-market option at the Elio store. Don't know if it's really needed but if it makes you feel safe knowing what is immediately behind your Elio go for it. Garmin has a portable GPS system with the capability to hook up a rear view camera. I have one for my motorhome. Don't think I will be needing the camera on my Elio though. Then again needing and wanting are two different things. If I like how the monitor is incorporated into the interior I may get the camera option. For me it's all about the esthetics of the interior. The more LED's, switches, gages, indicators and gadgets the better. I want to feel like I am driving a fighter jet while cruising down the road. Unfortunately that could lead to a ticket or two. Has anyone mentioned radar jamming yet? I want that too. :-)

Top Bottom