• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Rear Window / Rear View Camera

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those that must!
Remove the top half of the back seat, and replace the trunk lid with a window. Ger a rear view mirror and you are in business.

Bob
Something like these mounted on the front support pillars and scaled so as not to obstruct front vision. With a rear window you would be able to see all behind in the narrow slot and through the small back side windows helping with the blind spots. You would be looking at the left rear window with the right mirror and the opposite with the left. JMO as an A&P Mech.
cockpit2.jpg

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Something like these mounted on the front support pillars and scaled so as not to obstruct front vision. With a rear window you would be able to see all behind in the narrow slot and through the small back side windows helping with the blind spots. You would be looking at the left rear window with the right mirror and the opposite with the left. JMO as an A&P Mech.View attachment 1374
Gotta watch your 6.:cool:

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it is offered as an option I'll probably take it if it is very cheap. Otherwise I'll just install one myself and mount the monitor in a cool way like I did in my pickup :)
Ditto that, i'll mount the display in the same location as a regular car rearview mirror.. in this case off to the right side of the windshield. high up.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Ditto that, i'll mount the display in the same location as a regular car rearview mirror.. in this case off to the right side of the windshield. high up.
I was thinking about clipping it to the sunshade, swing down for reverse, swing up when not needed.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
How about where the rear window would be, so when I turn around to back up, I have something to look at!
You mean turn around and look at the headrest of your seat, and if you look around that the headrest of the seat behind you? (Which reaches up all the way to the top)

azurehenfruit

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of installing a camera system myself, but with constant "ignition" power, rather than power from from backup lights. Does anyone know whether these camera systems can be used continuously? Anyone already tried it?

Top Bottom