• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Non Elio Days

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, again, one of my favorite phrases, "What could go wrong?" My wife and I make it a policy not to ask that question out loud in the presence of the other. That way, neither can be held responsible for the outcome. Very handy in most cases! I suggest she go for long, brisk walks instead. It's more fun, better on the body and she may even like it and bring you along so you can enjoy it too! You're Welcome!!

Thanks, Mike.

But I did intend her to walk briskly. She wouldn't be much use as a standby generator unless she did.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any place to mount an ironing board to that treadmill/generator? Just throwing out ideas. ;)

Good idea! Only snag I can see is that the treadmill will now have to be in the garage or the freshly ironed clothes might get wet. This means my Liege might have to go outside. I'm not sure about that. I might have to put up a car port (for the treadmill).

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just read all the above exercise ideas to my wife, now I'm typing this on the front porch. Damn it's cold out here! :rolleyes:
Ps seems she took extra exception with the ironing board idea! :( makes a great
a great laptop stand out here, plenty of room for breakfast and Coffee. :D
We had better not follow Wheater's advice or we will all be outside in the doghouse. Sometimes the best things are unsaid, especially concerning the wife.....LOL

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plucked up courage over lunch just now and mentioned the idea to my wife. She didn't actually say much. She did give me a hand signal but judging by that I don't know if she is going to do this twice a day, or twice a week. I suppose it probably depends on how much ironing she has to do. ;)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plucked up courage over lunch just now and mentioned the idea to my wife. She didn't actually say much. She did give me a hand signal but judging by that I don't know if she is going to do this twice a day, or twice a week. I suppose it probably depends on how much ironing she has to do. ;)
Even across 'The Pond' that translates!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back to non Elio days programming. Our BIG winter storm has ended after 3 days. Some areas were hit pretty hard but we managed to be in the under 12" category which means the city of Arvada will not plow our street. It's fine this time around, as the pavement was so warm the first 3-4 inches melted down quickly, making it miserable to shovel on Saturday. The next 5-6 inches were light and powdery and the snowblower made quick work of clearing the drive again on Sunday. Now the last 2" that fell over night need to be removed but the temperture dropped during the night and I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit before I tackle it. All in all I think the Elio would have had no problem in the slush on the street. Well the temp has hit 30 so I guess it's time to get out and remove the last bit of snow off the drive.:rolleyes::(;)

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm still at 1. I also have exactly 3 miles on the snowmobile this winter. I could ride a bit out back on the fields, but it's not nearly as much fun as trail riding with friends.

Winter's been a big sissy up here this year. We've had cold, but no extreme -30 stuff, and very little snow. There might be 4" total on the open fields.

Top Bottom