• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Non Elio Days

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry Earl, we hit 54 today. With a little scraping and chopping the driveway is almost clear. However with the melting snow comes water, that will freeze tonight and leave a nice little slick of ice, that I can slip on and bust my a$$! Winter!!!!!!! My favorite season of them all!;)

Update: After the sun went down, so did the temperture as usual. However a few hours later the south wind really kicked in and the temp went back up to 57. It's now 11:45PM and the temp is 53. There is no ice or snow on my drive, the street ( which was never plowed) is almost clear and the backyard ( which at 5:00PM had at least 4" of snow) has a few patches here and there. God I love Colorado!:D

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I could probably leave it run all day on the fuel my commuter car burns going to work!
This reminds me of something I posted somewhere else on here. With the fuel mileage of this vehicle, it really could be used as a portable generator. Our power goes out quite a bit throughout the year, so I have a gasoline generator. With the Elio, just drive it to where you want it (not in the garage!o_O) add a power strip, and voila! Instant generator!

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Comptrex, thanks for the idea! Thinking slightly laterally, if I need a standby generator, I could *kill two birds with one stone* here...

The "better half" has been telling me that she wants to lose some weight after her Christmas, to do more exercise. She suggested she join the gym again but that's expensive and it's three miles away across town so she would have to drive there and back. I said she could run there and back without going in, same effect, no cost. But she wasn't keen.

So, following on from your idea, is it legal to wire up an exercise treadmill to work in parallel with the inverter setup for the solar panels we have on the garage roof?

She could burn off a good few calories that way.

Extra bonuses:

1) We get a subsidy from any electricity we can generate.

2) If she finds it a little hard going, (the demand would go up when I switch on the TV), I could train our dogs to run alongside her on the belt. It would save her having to walk them afterwards.

3) The excess heat generated would help heat the garage.

What could possibly go wrong? ;)

*Please note, this term "kill two birds" is only a term of speech. I have no desire to kill any birds.through over-exertion. She will get time off to clean the house etc.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Comptrex, thanks for the idea! Thinking slightly laterally, if I need a standby generator, I could kill two birds with one stone here...

The "better half" has been telling me that she wants to lose some weight after her Christmas, to do more exercise. She suggested she join the gym again but that's expensive and it's three miles away across town so she would have to drive there and back. I said she could run there and back without going in, same effect, no cost. But she wasn't keen.

So, following on from your idea, is it legal to wire up an exercise treadmill to work in parallel with the inverter setup for the solar panels we have on the garage roof?

Extra bonuses:

2) If she finds it a little hard going, I could train our dogs to run alongside her on the belt. It would save her having to walk them afterwards

Outside-the-box thinking there!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Comptrex, thanks for the idea! Thinking slightly laterally, if I need a standby generator, I could *kill two birds with one stone* here...

Extra bonuses:

2) If she finds it a little hard going, (the demand would go up when I switch on the TV), I could train our dogs to run alongside her on the belt. It would save her having to walk them afterwards.

*Please note, this term "kill two birds" is only a term of speech. I have no desire to kill any birds.through over-exertion. She will get time off to clean the house etc.
Ahh, again, one of my favorite phrases, "What could go wrong?" My wife and I make it a policy not to ask that question out loud in the presence of the other. That way, neither can be held responsible for the outcome. Very handy in most cases! I suggest she go for long, brisk walks instead. It's more fun, better on the body and she may even like it and bring you along so you can enjoy it too! You're Welcome!!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Extra bonuses:

You do like to live dangerously, don't you........LOL

Top Bottom