• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Non Elio Days

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honestly I don't know what makes people want to live in the northern states. I live in Oklahoma and gets too cold here for my taste. I just don't do cold very well and the older I get the worse I am. I would rather it be 100 deg out than be cold.
I'm actually the opposite. Only in So. Cal. because I was born and raised here. I can put more clothes on as it gets colder. There's only so much the cops will let me take off in public.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll take the warm weather over the cold any day. At least when I grew up in Colorado there was something to do in the winter...actually looked forward to it. In the Midwest, winter sucks on so many levels. Moving closer to the equator (maybe Gulf Shores) when I retire.
Yessir. I'm thinking of a winter place somewhere between Nashville and Panama City in the middle of nowhere. No Retirement World™ for me. I hate golf and they wouldn't let ya fish in the ponds where I visited older friends in FL last winter.

Yup, I are a redneck, lol.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Western Washington tends toward very mild winters, coastal weather and all. Even if a bit dark and dank, but funtasic for 3 seasons around summer. Western Oregon, maybe even better in some ways. (My state Arizona is fantastic between October and April, temps almost like Washington, little warmer but no drizzle. Just wish we could have trees, mountains and waterways like Washington.)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yessir. I'm thinking of a winter place somewhere between Nashville and Panama City in the middle of nowhere. No Retirement World™ for me. I hate golf and they wouldn't let ya fish in the ponds where I visited older friends in FL last winter.

Yup, I are a redneck, lol.

Now that sounds like a plan! I just need enough property (300-400 miles south of here) where I can take a leak on any side of my house, at any time of day, and not get arrested for indecent exposure. Any more acreage than that would just be a bonus. ;)

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having dealt with working in the engine room of boats up to 10,000 hp through a Gulf summer, I'm staying put (northern Illinois) when I retire. There's been plenty of times where they got me up at zero dark thirty to take on fuel, and it would be in the mid eighties with water dripping off everything in sight, and it smelled like a jungle. No thanks. I can always put enough clothes on to stay warm when it's cold, but I can't take enough off to be comfortable (and stay out of jail) in weather like that.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Western Washington tends toward very mild winters, coastal weather and all. Even if a bit dark and dank, but funtasic for 3 seasons around summer. Western Oregon, maybe even better in some ways. (My state Arizona is fantastic between October and April, temps almost like Washington, little warmer but no drizzle. Just wish we could have trees, mountains and waterways like Washington.)
That's why I love it here; it's perfect weather all year round. I moved here in 1975 and have gone back to visit a few times and just to remind myself how bad it was there. Where's there? NW Indiana/South Chicago area; I grew up surrounded by steel mills, refineries and other industrial firms; now I'm surrounded by mountains, rivers, wineries, horse ranches and farms; there's no comparison and no more perfect place for me.
I was in the Seattle area from 75 till 2003; then moved 160 miles south to an area just north of Portland and the weather is very different from Seattle; we have maybe 3 seasons; Spring, Summer and Fall but no winter.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just the occasional ice storm! The general Portland/Vancouver area is blessed by an ice storm once (or more) every few years and boy are they fun! The really good ones cause transformers to go off like fireworks. On the whole though you are right about that area and I'm wishing I could move there. Still Denver's not terrible! And Bilge Rat, you literally took the words out of my mouth! You can always add more clothing to keep warm but you can only take so much off legally in public to stay cool. Not that I would do that, not on an unsuspecting world.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Other states problems. Despite s some of the downfalls, so cal does have it's advantages. No such thing as a no Elio day here.

Oh yeah? What about the day your Elio is lying under your earthquake flattened garage? :rip:
Maybe you would call that " a new Elio day." :whoo:

Last edited:
Top Bottom