• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Non Elio Days

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So far this winter there hasn't been an NE day. We are getting clobbered with cold temps here in the Denver metro area but not much snow. We have to keep an eye out for black ice though. I'm not sure how I feel about driving the Elio when it gets so cold that it could be disaster if you get dinged due to someone going too fast for conditions. I grew up in Eastern Iowa (Clinton) and I would be tempted to park the Elio for the winter too. Mostly due to the salt that is (or was) used to help keep the roads clear. If you weren't very careful about keeping your car clean, your car would be consumed pretty quickly as a result!

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I said...

What I can't predict is whether the plows have cleared that mound of snow between the two 4 wheeler tire tracks, or how an Elio will respond to them.
That is a good question , I know here in the south ,there's always slush and chunks between the tracks. I would probably drive my truck that day anyway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That is a good question , I know here in the south ,there's always slush and chunks between the tracks. I would probably drive my truck that day anyway.

I can see fishtailing taking on a whole new meaning ..:confused:.. 10-4 on running the truck on such days

Jim

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I grew up in Eastern Iowa (Clinton) and I would be tempted to park the Elio for the winter too. Mostly due to the salt that is (or was) used to help keep the roads clear. If you weren't very careful about keeping your car clean, your car would be consumed pretty quickly as a result!

Salt is very much in use in the Midwest, Mike. 100% salt, too. Last month, we watched CSL Niagara delivering road salt to Chicago that is mined at the western end of Lake Erie (the mine is actually under the lake). I was told the city had 415,000 tons on order for this winter, as they ran out last winter...:eek: TW016207 copy.jpg TW016226 copy.jpg

Last edited:

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having grown up in "The Great White North" I have experienced all the majesty that Ol' Man Winter can throw at you. I wouldn't be afraid to drive my Elio in almost any snow condition, but I usually decide, based on weather conditions, which vehicle I would like to drive and present as a "target" to those who have forgotten how to drive in snow. Or more simply, which one do I think will survive a wreck better and protect me more? I'll be driving the truck when it gets bad and I'll be on my motorcycle or in my Elio when it's "ok." This morning was 34' and I rode in on my bike. My wife said I was nuts and that's ok with me too.

Top Bottom