• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Non Political, Political Servey

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are so few people looking here, maybe I can ask a question that won't upset too many people....
What channels of news do you watch for political information that you trust? I was never very political myself until 2016, and now only for my own and my wife's self direction.
Since then, I have learned sooo much about human nature and how information is manipulated and how tribalisum is integrated into the world as well as into the USA, frankly makes me a bit more cynical about the average behavior of humanity.
So without asking for direct political opinions, what do you watch?

For me, I now load up in youtube with Meidas Touch, The Ring of Fire, Brian Tyler Cohen, Glen Kirschner, Farron Balanced, The Bulwark. And that about fills up a half day every single day of a retiree like me. That admittedly automaticaly frames my orientation. I'm also learning the ins and outs of Legal maters in the USA that I never wished I knew.
So what do you watch? I consider this Elio Owners website chalk full of intelligent people, who like detailed understandings. So what you watch? I may consider lookimg at your information relms in my search for comprehension and balanced, honest data..

Just to be fully honest for myself, I seem to fit the label of a Social Democrat, which in current catgorizations pretty much is what mold the USA has been in since WWII, or A.K.A. a compromising pragmatic moderate who likes a democratic, compassionate and well managed national and world stage.

Respecfully say what you want, but for me just simply what sourses do you trust, and into what political catitigory does that fall?

Now as a back drop, and in my opinion, political karma will catch up to all of us sooner or later. So these sources of all of us, may predict for us all, how that 'drama' may work out toward our collective world karma.

Last edited:

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you DO watch the news, you are misinformed. I do NOT watch the news because it pi$$es me off to see how the public is mislead! I really feel sorry for the youngsters of today.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having met you a couple of years ago I am surprised to hear you are retired. Your choice, but I think you could/should be a valuable asset to some company.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having met you a couple of years ago I am surprised to hear you are retired. Your choice, but I think you could/should be a valuable asset to some company.
It's a funny thing, I've always looked younger than I am, but less so now. I was carded at the few bars I've been in clear up to my late 30's.

So, about you tube.. and people & groups.

In recent years, I had encountered a number of people who excuse thier votes because all politicians are dishonest, so it's OK who they voted for.

Hmmm, there is a huge difference between voting for someone that might be a lier, vs someone you KNOW is a lier. There IS huge karma involved in a decision like that. (I'd much prefer to suffer while innocent than because I deserve it!) In my view not doing due dilligence is pretty much as bad as knowingly making a bad decision.

So in my case I wanted to assess the characters involved and used you tube to look back into thier past. It added up to full on business maffia and con artist for the person you can guess. So since then the only prediction I've not seen come true (so far), is that person's escape to Russia. (He who shall remain unnamed)

So back to my question, what do you use for getting a back story? How do you figure out thier motivations, thier character?

I suspose an issue is what are your worldly rules? One of mine that is pinical is; "What a person is willing to do to others, someday will likely do that to you."

The other deep resource is all the rules of lying that I observed in my own children and grandchildren. Yes, over time and life adventures, they have all become much redeemed.

I tell them about karma, you have the choice to learn from the three paths, 1) take to heart what you've been taught 2) learn by what happens to others, 3) suffer from your own mistakes.

So yea, you can add, what are your philosophies of life and politics?

I did find another; "Quite often a recent leacture I may develop to give to another, may well be one I needed to lecture to myself."

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I try to watch all news sources because what is NOT covered is Very Telling. Mel is on the right trail except we are uninformed and misinformed at the same time on any legacy network. Truth is throttled on social media platforms, YouTube, etc. There are some alternative sources that, while still requiring discernment, appear to be reasonably trustworthy.
Many, many years ago I found, much to my chagrin and amazement, that I was a Goldwater Constitutionalist! Our Republic is rotting from the inside just like a certain shoe-banging Russian promised. So much for the Great Experiment.
There is a Book that describes our predicament; and, I recommend you read It to see how it ends. Make no mistake. We are the modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah and I anticipate hearing the Shout and Trumpet Blow at any moment.
You can believe in the Christ Jesus of Nazareth or not. You were given the freedom to choose, by Him. I urge you to choose wisely, my friends.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I try to watch all news sources because what is NOT covered is Very Telling. Mel is on the right trail except we are uninformed and misinformed at the same time on any legacy network. Truth is throttled on social media platforms, YouTube, etc. There are some alternative sources that, while still requiring discernment, appear to be reasonably trustworthy.
Many, many years ago I found, much to my chagrin and amazement, that I was a Goldwater Constitutionalist! Our Republic is rotting from the inside just like a certain shoe-banging Russian promised. So much for the Great Experiment.
There is a Book that describes our predicament; and, I recommend you read It to see how it ends. Make no mistake. We are the modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah and I anticipate hearing the Shout and Trumpet Blow at any moment.
You can believe in the Christ Jesus of Nazareth or not. You were given the freedom to choose, by Him. I urge you to choose wisely, my friends.
Another thing to keep in mind, is that all rules are imaginary and can not have any effect or stand if people all become irreverent about them.
It takes honest people to have an honest society.

But, in religion, certainly political-ish issues of truth, facts, and group think also come into play. How can you ever sort that all out if you simply depend on your own tribe to inform your oppinion? My answer is, do your own research with the comprehension that all people are imperfect. An all insitutions are run by people.

So about the religieous institutions, all of them speak to be true above the others. For me then it says all of them are suspect. Maybe not the phylosophy of any but the latest implementation and interpretation by leaders of each. I mean hey, Jim-Jones espoused Jesus all the time, until he had cult control, then pronouced himself as the ultimate authority of christ. Yea, I agree, choose wisely my friends.

Social evolution shows a pattern of power seekers eventually finding ways to exploit all apparently stable and just social systems. We do have to correct all those instances peacfully over time, or you end up like the French revolution. In that instance everyone claimed Jesus was on thier side. And each wave of 'correctors' killed off the prior power cast for around 100years, until a short time before the one after the 1799 version that gave Nepolian dicatory powers. And then even beyond that. The final modern French consitution was only set in 1958.

God may not be flawed, but people who speak of him (it, her, or them), certainly are.

I think a good test is, what does a person do when they think they can get away with it and nobody will know? Absolute power corrupts absolutely. A belief in an utimate power does keep a few of us in check, but not all. Appearently, not most of us.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are so few people looking here, maybe I can ask a question that won't upset too many people....
What channels of news do you watch for political information that you trust? I was never very political myself until 2016, and now only for my own and my wife's self direction.
Since then, I have learned sooo much about human nature and how information is manipulated and how tribalisum is integrated into the world as well as into the USA, frankly makes me a bit more cynical about the average behavior of humanity.
So without asking for direct political opinions, what do you watch?

For me, I now load up in youtube with Meidas Touch, The Ring of Fire, Brian Tyler Cohen, Glen Kirschner, Farron Balanced, The Bulwark. And that about fills up a half day every single day of a retiree like me. That admittedly automaticaly frames my orientation. I'm also learning the ins and outs of Legal maters in the USA that I never wished I knew.
So what do you watch? I consider this Elio Owners website chalk full of intelligent people, who like detailed understandings. So what you watch? I may consider lookimg at your information relms in my search for comprehension and balanced, honest data..

Just to be fully honest for myself, I seem to fit the label of a Social Democrat, which in current catgorizations pretty much is what mold the USA has been in since WWII, or A.K.A. a compromising pragmatic moderate who likes a democratic, compassionate and well managed national and world stage.

Respecfully say what you want, but for me just simply what sourses do you trust, and into what political catitigory does that fall?

Now as a back drop, and in my opinion, political karma will catch up to all of us sooner or later. So these sources of all of us, may predict for us all, how that 'drama' may work out toward our collective world karma.

Regardless of your personal news choice (hopefully unbiased) and politics…….it’s not what our politicians say………it’s what they do. It’s as far from of the people, by the people, and for the people as I’ve seen it In 77 years. Added note: So I watch our Federal, State, and Local politicians.

Last edited:
Top Bottom