• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
tomorrow's date 12-13-14 .... if you really want to wait for the next sequential-number date to roll around to do something special you will have to wait for a while .... it won't happen until 1/2/34, about two decades away .... :D

Jim

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
tomorrow's date 12-13-14 .... if you really want to wait for the next sequential-number date to roll around to do something special you will have to wait for a while .... it won't happen until 1/2/34, about two decades away .... :D

Jim
Well I just might make it to that date, if I keep up the exercise program. 3 of my grandparents and Dad made it to their mid 80's except paternal grandmother who hit 102. Mom is 84 and all her siblings are still alive ( 76-88 in ages ) so I have a pretty good gene pool working for me!:D

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I just might make it to that date, if I keep up the exercise program. 3 of my grandparents and Dad made it to their mid 80's except paternal grandmother who hit 102. Mom is 84 and all her siblings are still alive ( 76-88 in ages ) so I have a pretty good gene pool working for me!:D

my wife's side of the family had several reach 100+ .... one aunt who lives in Laramie is 106 .... unfortunately, I don't think that gene pool won't help me very much .. ;)

Jim

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:( My Holiday celebrations were shortened, with the news Z passed away.:(
How did you find out and when did it happen, Norah? She was the a bulwark of this site. I've always thought of her as the unnsinkable Molly Brown.
Always ever present here to help at every chance. I think she had 2 sons. The unsinkable Zelio spirit.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Just a quick update on a few things.
1. I maintained my weight and actually lost a pound over the holiday season, despite the fact we didn't go to the gym between Dec.23 and Jan.5, although I did walk on the treadmill at home.
2. Went to the Dr. On Friday, wt.130 (fully clothed) ht.5'2" (yes I regained my lost .5", so inversion tables seem to work), BP-100/64 (this dropped a few points). Bad news my cholesterol went up:confused:(which sucks) now it only went up 14 and 6 of that was HDLs (good cholesterol, mine was a little low and now within normal range) but it pushed me from normal range (under 200) to elevated (over 200). Would someone please explain to me, how in the world did this happen! I lost 30lbs., exercise 5 days a week, eat right, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, limited lean red meat and eggs, added fish to my diet, plenty of fiber, I only use good oils and fats in cooking. So WTF is the point! When my diet sucked, I was over weight, didn't exercise at all, it was lower! A1C is not back yet so don't know if that went down or not.
3. With the news of the Elio production delay, we decided to buy a used vehicle. So on Saturday we bought a 2011 Subaru Legacy AWD,(I paid about $1400 below book, before taxes and dealer handling, so add those in and it's just under $100, over book) Not the most fuel efficent vehicle out there but better than my truck and with AWD will handle better on snow and ice than my 2WD truck. With 18+ months before the Elios are in my driveway, we have plenty of time to replenish the vehicle savings account.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Just a quick update on a few things.
1. I maintained my weight and actually lost a pound over the holiday season, despite the fact we didn't go to the gym between Dec.23 and Jan.5, although I did walk on the treadmill at home.
2. Went to the Dr. On Friday, wt.130 (fully clothed) ht.5'2" (yes I regained my lost .5", so inversion tables seem to work), BP-100/64 (this dropped a few points). Bad news my cholesterol went up:confused:(which sucks) now it only went up 14 and 6 of that was HDLs (good cholesterol, mine was a little low and now within normal range) but it pushed me from normal range (under 200) to elevated (over 200). Would someone please explain to me, how in the world did this happen! I lost 30lbs., exercise 5 days a week, eat right, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, limited lean red meat and eggs, added fish to my diet, plenty of fiber, I only use good oils and fats in cooking. So WTF is the point! When my diet sucked, I was over weight, didn't exercise at all, it was lower! A1C is not back yet so don't know if that went down or not.
3. With the news of the Elio production delay, we decided to buy a used vehicle. So on Saturday we bought a 2011 Subaru Legacy AWD,(I paid about $1400 below book, before taxes and dealer handling, so add those in and it's just under $100, over book) Not the most fuel efficent vehicle out there but better than my truck and with AWD will handle better on snow and ice than my 2WD truck. With 18+ months before the Elios are in my driveway, we have plenty of time to replenish the vehicle savings account.

Check out this site, Norahsbed...might put your mind at ease about the HDL/LDL stuff.

http://www.heartmdinstitute.com/health-topics/cholesterol/399-worried-about-cholesterol

Top Bottom