• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, now that turkey day is over, and our leftovers are gone, ( finished ours tonight ) it's time to move on to other things. First I must confess, I have lied! :eek: Yes it's true, I've out and out lied, told an untruth, fabricated a story, invented an untrue statement, manufactured a tall tale ( well short tale anyway ) and stretched the truth by 1/2 inch.o_O I am not 5'2" I'm really ( according to my last Dr. Visit ) 5"1.5". :confused: You have no idea how devastating it is to find out, that you are shrinking. I'm to young to shrink :(, especially when I only had 62" to start with.

I do however have a few options to get my 1/2 " back.
1. Have my femers broken, wire cages attached to my legs, and then slowly (over several months) pull the two sections apart, allowing the bone to grow in the gap. Seems like a lot of work and money, not to mention the pain, for a mere 1/2".
2. Buy an inversion table ( cheap ) and see if the claims are true, that you can stretch out the vertebrae in your spine, and increase your height.
I opted for # 2. Not because of the pain, I've broken bones before ( not intentionally of course ) but the cost. As I have mentioned before I'm pretty cheap, An cheap works for me just fine!

So on Black Friday we went out and purchased an inversion table, ( less than $100 including tax ) it only hurt my wallet for a minute! We put it together on Sunday and tried it out. What a head rush! All the blood in your body makes a mad dash to your head, your face flushes and your eyes feel like there going to pop out of your head. On the plus side, you can also feel all your joints ankles, knees, hips, spine, shoulders and elbows stretch out along with all the muscles. About 40 seconds later I straighted out and whoosh!, another head rush as all the blood rushes back out of your head.:confused: Note to self.......do not straighten up all at once, take it slow. Upside down vertical to horizontal to right side up. So I'll let you all know if this works!:D

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Everybody!:) I've been missing in action for awhile due to the wife being on vacation ( she's gone back to work ) and my Mom being hospitalized.:(( She's okay now and should go home tomorrow ). :)

Work outs at the gym are going well and I now walk 2.5 to 3 miles a day on the treadmill depending on the day. I have also slowly worked my way up to 3.8 mph for 25 minutes with no hip pain and have increased my incline to 4.5%. I had to do something as my heart rate has slowed during workouts ( which means I'm getting healthier :eek:) so I have to push myself a little to get it back up. Last time I stepped on the scale ( last Sunday ) I was 127.5lbs. :D I'm thinking of going back to phase 1 of the South Beach Diet and see if I can't shed that last 7.5 lbs in a few weeks instead of 2 months. We've been on phase 2 for about 4 months so a step back to phase 1 isn't that big of a deal and maybe I can lose that roll that still hanging on around my middle.:confused:

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oy! Hello Narahsbed, nice to hear from you and glad all is well.......:)
Hey Lock! I miss talking to you an the Mrs. :( Everything is great again, Mom went home today and is feeling much better. She's just happy she can sleep in her own bed again and not be woken up every few hours by hospital staff!:) Hospitals are no place for sick people, to get any rest!:rolleyes:;)

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last night I was looking around on line and found a very interesting vehicle. The ELF ( I'd add a link but I'm an Internet dummy and have no idea how to do that.) It's a bicycle car with an electric assist motor. The battery is charged by a 100 watt solar panel on the roof or you can plug it in. What I found amazing was the price, wholly crap! Base model $5495.00+$100.00 handling fee and comes in 1 basic color White. (All other colors green, orange, red, blue and white, yellow and white and green and white are extra.) It's a bicycle for Pete's sake with a little shell over it. If you want the super model it's over $10,000.00! I can get an auto-cycle ( The Elio ) for less and I don't have to peddle it, when the battery runs out of power! Sounds like the body panels are made from a material much like the Elio, Some sort of plastic composit. The upgrades and options are pretty expensive as well. Of course because it's a bike there's no license or insurance required and it only weighs 350lbs. Still it's a bicycle, I know there are some pretty expensive bicycles out there but .......come on!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last night I was looking around on line and found a very interesting vehicle. The ELF ( I'd add a link but I'm an Internet dummy and have no idea how to do that.) It's a bicycle car with an electric assist motor. The battery is charged by a 100 watt solar panel on the roof or you can plug it in. What I found amazing was the price, wholly crap! Base model $5495.00+$100.00 handling fee and comes in 1 basic color White. (All other colors green, orange, red, blue and white, yellow and white and green and white are extra.) It's a bicycle for Pete's sake with a little shell over it. If you want the super model it's over $10,000.00! I can get an auto-cycle ( The Elio ) for less and I don't have to peddle it, when the battery runs out of power! Sounds like the body panels are made from a material much like the Elio, Some sort of plastic composit. The upgrades and options are pretty expensive as well. Of course because it's a bike there's no license or insurance required and it only weighs 350lbs. Still it's a bicycle, I know there are some pretty expensive bicycles out there but .......come on!
I actually saw this several months ago and think I mentioned it on here - definitely before you joined. I am fairly certain I posted the link but I just searched and it didn't pop up. I was interested in it because I have a son who does not drive and commutes in the Seattle, WA area. He was interested until he found out that he would have to get a driver's license to ride it in WA. He ended up buying a electric assisted bike instead at more1/2 an Elio but of course he can't ride it in inclement weather. It is an interesting little vehicle although I will take my Elio any time over it. :) Z

Last edited:
Top Bottom