• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Way to go Joshua! :) For me it was cutting out bad carbs (I have a major sweet tooth) hardest part was giving up my big bowl of ice cream every other night. :( Now I have a 1/2 cup ( no sugar added ) every few weeks that, I work into my diet as a dairy and have it earlier in the day so I can work off the extra carbs.
I've been following the Atkins net carbs thing for about half a year now and staying under 30 daily net carbs for 5 days of the week.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been following the Atkins net carbs thing for about half a year now and staying under 30 daily net carbs for 5 days of the week.
Josh I'm doing the south beach pretty much the same diet with the exception of fats. Adkins allows more fats and different types while south beach restricts it to what is considered good or lean fats. I use several Adkins products in my meal plans as they use whey protein and south beach uses a lot of soy protein. I'm alergiec to moderate amounts of soy protein so I really have to read the labels carefully.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing I have learned about weight loss is measurements and pictures are frequently more accurate indicators of success than the number on the scale. How you feel, the change in clothing sizes are also more accurate indicators than the numbers on the scale. Great job!

Happy Thanksgiving in case you are too busy to keep me company here on Thursday. LOL :) Z
Z, spending it at our daughters with the family. I might make it on later in the evening.

The mirror tells me nothing as I still see the fat girl in the mirror. ( Brain hasn't caught up with the body image yet ) The scale tells me I'm loosing as well as the reduction in my waist and pant size. I've always carried most of my extra weight in my abdominal area so that still seems heavy to me despite the fact I've lost at least 4-5 inches off my waist. My arms and legs couldn't get any skinnier and are very lean but with no hips ( I have a pretty straight figure) and a small back end ( I've never had a bubble butt ) it seems to be taking longer to loose those extra inches in the middle. I'm just starting to see some definition in my upper abs but can still pinch way more than an inch in my lower abdominal area. Of course a lot of that is extra skin now....LOL. Might have to consider a tummy tuck some day.:confused:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've dropped from 240+ to 208 since this summer. My waist has gone from a tight 38 to a comfortable 36.
Way to go Jim! :) I've gone from a tight 36 to a comfortable 32, I actually have breathing room in the 32s now since I started really exercising 4 weeks ago. Prior to that I was just doing stretching exercises, Trying to get my muscles to remember how to function!:eek:;) When I first started on the treadmill I could barely do 15 minutes or 1/2 of a mile. Now I'm over 2 miles a day, 6 days a week and have been increasing my time and speed each week. I've pretty much reached my max on speed so now I'm working on distance, increasing it a little each week.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, spending it at our daughters with the family. I might make it on later in the evening.

The mirror tells me nothing as I still see the fat girl in the mirror. ( Brain hasn't caught up with the body image yet ) The scale tells me I'm loosing as well as the reduction in my waist and pant size. I've always carried most of my extra weight in my abdominal area so that still seems heavy to me despite the fact I've lost at least 4-5 inches off my waist. My arms and legs couldn't get any skinnier and are very lean but with no hips ( I have a pretty straight figure) and a small back end ( I've never had a bubble butt ) it seems to be taking longer to loose those extra inches in the middle. I'm just starting to see some definition in my upper abs but can still pinch way more than an inch in my lower abdominal area. Of course a lot of that is extra skin now....LOL. Might have to consider a tummy tuck some day.:confused:
I started a long post about my protein sources and decided to move it to the weight loss thread. I need to take my vitamins now so I can eat my real breakfast before noon then I will complete that post. :-) Z

Top Bottom