• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Ol' man winter has arrived, it's snowing!:confused::(

But!!! That Can't Be.... It's six more weeks until Winter!!!!
But then The Weather Channel is MUCH more accurate than that DA Al Gore and his cronies.
Before this winter is over, we'll be wishing for some 'Globle (US) Warming'.lol
It's been proven that Al Gore has a 'Black Belt' in Bulls**t and not just warming but alot of other things.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Okay, back to exercise program! No I have not been slacking, just figured you didn't need to hear the same thing over and over again. So I've been to the gym everyday this week, except today ( Thursday ). Gym partners sons truck didn't start ( -11 this morning in Idaho Springs ) so he took her truck to work. He didn't get home in time for her to make it to the gym. Besides it was flicking cold this morning (1 degree when I got up, has since warmed up to 22 ) however that does not mean I slacked off today.
I actually walked 2.1 miles @ 3.2 - 3.4 mph on home treadmill. Not keeping track of time anymore, as the goal is to increase speed and distance each week until I'm almost but not quite running. I think that will be around 3.5 - 3.7 mph, with my short legs and stride, I know 4mph puts me into a run. Then I'll increase distance until I'm equal with mph. 3.5mph = 3.5 miles = 1 hour on the treadmill. That should put me in the 400-500 calories burned per hour category, which will increase my metabolism rate, which will help burn more calories, all day long. I just hope my hips hold out long enough for them to benefit from the exercise.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Outside temp is above freezing, YEAH! :) 41 degrees right now, unfortunately it won't last, more snow and cold temps in the forecast.:( Z saw your state had some white stuff yesterday, did you get any? We're hoping this Artic blast clears out just before Thanksgiving. We Would like to go up to Minnesota for the week and spend it with my Mom. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

zelio

Elio Addict
Outside temp is above freezing, YEAH! :) 41 degrees right now, unfortunately it won't last, more snow and cold temps in the forecast.:( Z saw your state had some white stuff yesterday, did you get any? We're hoping this Artic blast clears out just before Thanksgiving. We Would like to go up to Minnesota for the week and spend it with my Mom. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I am very glad to say no white stuff here. Although I did hear something that briefly sounded like hail when it was raining this morning. That or the frogs were playing with marbles in the down spouts. LOL :-) Z

BrianRosenthal

Elio Aficionado
We're hoping this Artic blast clears out just before Thanksgiving. We Would like to go up to Minnesota for the week and spend it with my Mom. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Right now the freeways in the Twin Cities are pretty good. The side streets have that annoying patchy, frozen, compacted snow, but a couple days of sunshine should take care of that.

Jim H

Elio Addict
That's why I live in southern New Mexico. Sunny today, cool, low 70's no rain or snow.

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
My Moms mothers family ( GG Grandparents ) settled in Mountain Lake in 1776 ( Neufelds and Regeirs ). Neufelds came from Russia and founded the First Menonite Church of Mountain Lake. When land opened up in the Red River Valley for homesteading, some of the family moved north. My GG Grandparents ( McMahans ) On my Dads fathers side we're some of the founders of Parkers Prairie in 1880. They came from Sparta, Wisconson where they had lived for 28 years. Their children and grand children moved west into the Red River Valley a few years later. McMahans have been in this Country since 1782 and originally settled in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. Other Great Great or Great grandparents ( Hermansons, Himmelsbach, Semingsons, Rodningen, Eriksdaughter ) came from Germany and Norway settling in or near the upper Red River Valley, In North Dakota and Minnesota.