• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Day four: My exercise partner is training for a 5k, so she walks for 5 minutes and runs for 8 minutes. She's been at it for almost a month so she's way ahead of me in speed and distance on the treadmill. I Started off this morning at 3.3mph, incline 2%, We had been going for about 8 minutes when a hand came up around me and pushed the incline button up to 4%. :eek: It was our trainer! Her words, " If you can't run, you'll make it up in the incline! Now sweat!" :confused: I think it was a mistake to get a trainer involved! :( Too late, I'm screwed!;) I did have to slow down my pace to 3.1mph as my left hip was starting to hurt but I managed to do 25 minutes and yes I was starting to sweat! :oops: 30 minutes of floor exercises and day 4 was complete. Tomorrow we hit the machines and free weights, oh fun!:D
Birthday dinner was a 4oz steak, 1/2 baked potatoe, fresh asparagus and for desert a small sugar free chocolate cup cake ( no frosting ) with fresh sliced strawberries and sugar free whipped cream! o_O Hey, it's my birthday! I'm entitled to a piece of cake! :D
I find it interesting that your trainer had you working after you had pain. The orthopedic surgeon who replaced my hip and his physical therapists insisted that I stop when there was pain because at that point I was doing more harm than good. That was before and after replacement. I have never regretted following his/their advice. :-) Z

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh I more thing, ( Grandmas bragging rights are coming into play, don't say I didn't warn you. :rolleyes: ) My oldest grandson ( age 9, 3rd grade ) was tested in school a few weeks ago. He tested in the 95th percent tile nation wide! :)Strongest score was in mathematics at 96%! :)( No he does not take after me, math was not my strongest subject! ) :confused: ( To self: Really, what was your strongest subject, besides class clown and royal screw up? o_O Never mind, we won't go there! :rolleyes: ) He really takes after his Mom ( our daughter ) and I'm proud to say she did extremely well in school, right through to an Ivy League Law School! :) Of course his Dad is no dummy, as he is a Doctor of General Surgery. Way to go Landon, Grandma's so proud of you! :D

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find it interesting that your trainer had you working after you had pain. The orthopedic surgeon who replaced my hip and his physical therapists insisted that I stop when there was pain because at that point I was doing more harm than good. That was before and after replacement. I have never regretted following his/their advice. :) Z
Z, the pain was minimal and went away when I slowed down the pace. Had it continued, I would have stopped all together. I think it was more, to fast of a pace at the increased incline than anything else. My trainer knows my history and would not put me in danger of an injury to my hips or my bad shoulder. That's one of the reasons why she had me stop doing some of the machines. Wrong exercises for arthritic hips, had I continued I would have done more harm than good, so getting a trainer involved was the right thing to do. I just need to listen to my body and slow down or stop when needed.:)

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Day five: 25 minutes on the treadmill, 3.1mph, 4% incline, 1.5 miles. Got the heart rate up to 120, :oops: which made our trainer very happy! No pain in either hip,Yeah! :) My exercise partner ( Dawn ) made it 15 minutes running today, longest she has done so far, Her endurance is progressing nicely. Machines for legs and arms seemed easier today dispite the fact we added 5 lbs to the weights. Total workout was 1 1/2 hours today and I feel great!
Now I just wish I had my Elio, to drive to the gym. Put 100 miles on the truck this week driving to and from, which is 5 gallons of gas, so at $2.54 per gallon it ran me $12.70 to go to the gym this week.:confused: Good thing the gym membership is free!

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, as many of you know I've been on a weight loss program for a little more than 4 months. As of Sunday I have lost 27 pounds! I've gone from 158 to131. Went from a 36 to 32 waist jeans. Went from chronic hip pain to mild irritation. Monday morning I met a friend at the gym and we started a training program to tone up our old lady bodies. I thought with the exercises I had been doing at home, I was in fairly decent shape. HaHaHaHaHa!
Day one: 15 minutes on the treadmill little less than 3/4 of a mile, slow pace I know but have to watch my arthritic hips. We checked out most of the machines, looking for a full body workout. Didn't over do it but felt it that evening in most major muscles.
Day two: 15 minutes treadmill, 1.5% incline, 1 mile, almost broke a sweat. Hit the machines concentrating on thighs, back, chest, arms and abs. OMG I hurt every where later that evening! I had to do stretching exercises to keep from getting to stiff. Muscles hurt that haven't worked since I left the Army 29 years ago! Now I remember why I quit working out so long ago.
Day three: 15 minutes treadmill, 2% incline 1 1/4 mile. Met with a trainer to get a handle on what machines to do to get the best workout, as well as floor exercises and free weights. She wants us at least 30 minutes on the treadmill everyday. Will see if my hips can handle that tomorrow. Another 20 minutes on the treadmill at a slower pace ended day three. For the most part feel pretty good tonight, except abs are a little tender.
Tomorrow's my 58th birthday, I feel physically better than I have for the last 20 birthdays, so things can only get better from here! They say life begins at 40, I'm only 18 years late! :confused::(;):D
Happy Birthday!
My dad claimed that the people who had the most birthdays, lived the longest!
I recently celebrated the 40th anniversary of my 20th birthday.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Day six: at home 30 minutes on the treadmill, 3mph for 10 minutes, 3.3mph for 20 minutes, 2 minute cool down 2.5 mph, 1.7 miles total. Home treadmill has no incline so I picked up the speed a bit. Took today ( Sunday ) off from exercise and finished up some things around the house and yard, as the weather turns to winter tomorrow. :confused:
Patio furniture put away.
Ran the lawn mower til it was out of gas.
Blew leaves out of the gutter again.
Cleaned out the garden shed.
Put all garden tools away,
Drained the hoses put them away,
Moved broken down laundry unit out of the rental property and broken down dishwasher out of garden shed Into the garage for pick up later this week.
Last but not least, tested the Snowblower, it works! :) I think we're ready for ol' man winter! :eek::(

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Happy Birthday!
My dad claimed that the people who had the most birthdays, lived the longest!
I recently celebrated the 40th anniversary of my 20th birthday.
Seems when they ask Centurians what they would have done differently, the reply is, " Had I known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself." I always said if I lived half as long as my Grandmother ( 102y, 7m, 17d ) I'd be happy! So now I'm living on borrowed time, so I'm trying to make the best of it and take better care of myself!:)

Top Bottom