• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just don't look real close! :rolleyes: Still not bad for a couple of woman with hammers, power saws, level and 1,500 nails LOL! Despite the fact 8 of 14 posts were not plumb and 4 were not square with other posts.
Great work! Now, every time you are out back enjoying your yard, you will be able to feel a sense of pride & accomplishment knowing that YOU did that. Sweet!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great work! Now, every time you are out back enjoying your yard, you will be able to feel a sense of pride & accomplishment knowing that YOU did that. Sweet!
Thanks Dustman! :) Best part is, we no longer have to deal with neighbor harassing us and the 3 amigos in the back yard! :p We can actually enjoy being back there!:D

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, as many of you know I've been on a weight loss program for a little more than 4 months. As of Sunday I have lost 27 pounds! I've gone from 158 to131. Went from a 36 to 32 waist jeans. Went from chronic hip pain to mild irritation. Monday morning I met a friend at the gym and we started a training program to tone up our old lady bodies. I thought with the exercises I had been doing at home, I was in fairly decent shape. HaHaHaHaHa!
Day one: 15 minutes on the treadmill little less than 3/4 of a mile, slow pace I know but have to watch my arthritic hips. We checked out most of the machines, looking for a full body workout. Didn't over do it but felt it that evening in most major muscles.
Day two: 15 minutes treadmill, 1.5% incline, 1 mile, almost broke a sweat. Hit the machines concentrating on thighs, back, chest, arms and abs. OMG I hurt every where later that evening! I had to do stretching exercises to keep from getting to stiff. Muscles hurt that haven't worked since I left the Army 29 years ago! Now I remember why I quit working out so long ago.
Day three: 15 minutes treadmill, 2% incline 1 1/4 mile. Met with a trainer to get a handle on what machines to do to get the best workout, as well as floor exercises and free weights. She wants us at least 30 minutes on the treadmill everyday. Will see if my hips can handle that tomorrow. Another 20 minutes on the treadmill at a slower pace ended day three. For the most part feel pretty good tonight, except abs are a little tender.
Tomorrow's my 58th birthday, I feel physically better than I have for the last 20 birthdays, so things can only get better from here! They say life begins at 40, I'm only 18 years late! :confused::(;):D

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just don't look real close! :rolleyes: Still not bad for a couple of woman with hammers, power saws, level and 1,500 nails LOL! Despite the fact 8 of 14 posts were not plumb and 4 were not square with other posts.

From the look of it, :D
1. It's a whole lot straighter than you'd get from the three Amigos!!!
2. You've over built the neighborhood!! :D

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, as many of you know I've been on a weight loss program for a little more than 4 months. As of Sunday I have lost 27 pounds! I've gone from 158 to131. Went from a 36 to 32 waist jeans. Went from chronic hip pain to mild irritation. Monday morning I met a friend at the gym and we started a training program to tone up our old lady bodies. I thought with the exercises I had been doing at home, I was in fairly decent shape. HaHaHaHaHa!
Day one: 15 minutes on the treadmill little less than 3/4 of a mile, slow pace I know but have to watch my arthritic hips. We checked out most of the machines, looking for a full body workout. Didn't over do it but felt it that evening in most major muscles.
Day two: 15 minutes treadmill, 1.5% incline, 1 mile, almost broke a sweat. Hit the machines concentrating on thighs, back, chest, arms and abs. OMG I hurt every where later that evening! I had to do stretching exercises to keep from getting to stiff. Muscles hurt that haven't worked since I left the Army 29 years ago! Now I remember why I quit working out so long ago.
Day three: 15 minutes treadmill, 2% incline 1 1/4 mile. Met with a trainer to get a handle on what machines to do to get the best workout, as well as floor exercises and free weights. She wants us at least 30 minutes on the treadmill everyday. Will see if my hips can handle that tomorrow. Another 20 minutes on the treadmill at a slower pace ended day three. For the most part feel pretty good tonight, except abs are a little tender.
Tomorrow's my 58th birthday, I feel physically better than I have for the last 20 birthdays, so things can only get better from here! They say life begins at 40, I'm only 18 years late! :confused::(;):D
Happy Birthday! :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Happy Birthday and with all your efforts you should have many more to celebrate in your Elio

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Day four: My exercise partner is training for a 5k, so she walks for 5 minutes and runs for 8 minutes. She's been at it for almost a month so she's way ahead of me in speed and distance on the treadmill. I Started off this morning at 3.3mph, incline 2%, We had been going for about 8 minutes when a hand came up around me and pushed the incline button up to 4%. :eek: It was our trainer! Her words, " If you can't run, you'll make it up in the incline! Now sweat!" :confused: I think it was a mistake to get a trainer involved! :( Too late, I'm screwed!;) I did have to slow down my pace to 3.1mph as my left hip was starting to hurt but I managed to do 25 minutes and yes I was starting to sweat! :oops: 30 minutes of floor exercises and day 4 was complete. Tomorrow we hit the machines and free weights, oh fun!:D
Birthday dinner was a 4oz steak, 1/2 baked potatoe, fresh asparagus and for desert a small sugar free chocolate cup cake ( no frosting ) with fresh sliced strawberries and sugar free whipped cream! o_O Hey, it's my birthday! I'm entitled to a piece of cake! :D

Top Bottom