• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who the hell did your fence? This is why I try to do all my landscaping myself. I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but with some research, hard work, and sometimes having to do a "do-over", I get to enjoy the finished product knowing I was the one who created it.
I know, not for everyone. It kicks my butt, but I enjoy it.
Believe it or not I hired a "professional" landscaping company! If you think the post placement is bad you should see the retaining wall! I wanted them to put the posts in place ( that's the hard part ) and I would finish the fence but the way they placed the posts, it will be a pain to cut all those rails different lengths, let alone the esthetics of the fence!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I e- mailed the landscape company to complain, said if they wanted their money the owner needed to call me. I did not want to talk to the crew forman, project manager or project designer. They obviously think they did a great job! So who calls but the project designer! He wants to come and find out what my concerns are!
Really? You didn't understand the message I sent! My posts are not 8' on center and I have to cut every rail, you don't understand the pitch of the yard is now towards the house, instead of away from the house, you don't understand that the 8' posts are more than 6' 3" out of the ground for a 6' high fence, which means I have to cut off the top of the posts so they don't stick out above the pickets. One post is 6'9" out of the ground which means there are only 15" holding that post in the ground. One strong wind........good by fence! Good Lord! Do I really seem like an idiot to them?:mad: Okay that's enough of that!
How was your day?:D

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OMG, I think they might finish my yard, wall and fence posts today!:) I might actually get to finish the fence before the snow flies!:eek: Now I have to wait and see what kind of bill they try sticking to me. Funny thing is, I have the whole project on audio video, email and notes. I'm not paying a dime over estimate! :p:D

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great news! The wall, yard and fence posts are done!:D The posts are actually 8' on center! The yard slopes away from the house and the wall looks like A bunch of high school kids did it.:( I got the bill and not a dime over estimate. I think a few remarks I made to the project manager, may have kept them from over billing me. I know they didn't make a profit off this project. :p It was supposed to take 5 days and actually took 10 but if they hadn't done everything by hand and brought in some heavy equipment they could have knocked it out in 4 days max. Now I get to build the fence. Picked up the pickets today, rails tomorrow and start Saturday morning. Good thing I have all the equipment I need, air nailer, power saw, levels, just need to pick up some ringshank nails and I'm good to go!:D

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Weekend proved to be productive, all rails are up on the fence and about half the pickets. Dispite the fact I had the landscapers reset the fence post, seems someone had no clue how to set them in a straight line. We made do! Anyone in metro Denver who wants to know their company name, PM me I'll be happy to tell you.
On a positive note ....... Me ..... the 3 Amigos got to run around in the back yard yesterday off leash, for the first time in a month, 3 very happy campers.

Today is the wife's birthday, so I need to make something special for dinner. Thinking grilled New York strip steak, baked sweet potatoes, steamed asparagus, mixed greens dinner salad and a small slice of Tuxedo Cake for desert. Tuxedo cake - 3 small layers ( 1/2 in thick ) of marble cake, with 1 layer of dark chocolate mousse, 1 layer of cream cheese mousse and chocolate ganache on top. It's to die for! Of course we'll have to go out and walk the rest of the night to burn off all the extra calories! :) Hey, you only have one birthday a year, live a little!:D

Last edited:

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Weekend proved to be productive, all rails are up on the fence and about half the pickets. Dispite the fact I had the landscapers reset the fence post, seems someone had no clue how to set them in a straight line. We made do! Anyone in metro Denver who wants to know their company name, PM me I'll be happy to tell you.
On a positive note ....... Me ..... the 3 Amigos got to run around in the back yard yesterday off leash, for the first time in a month, 3 very happy campers.

Today is the wife's birthday, so I need to make something special for dinner. Thinking grilled New York strip steak, baked sweet potatoes, steamed asparagus, mixed greens dinner salad and a small slice of Tuxedo Cake for desert. Tuxedo cake - 3 small layers ( 1/2 in thick ) of marble cake, with 2 layers of dark chocolate mousse, 1 layer of cream cheese mousse and chocolate ganache on top. It's to die for! Of course we'll have to go out and walk the rest of the night to burn off all the extra calories! :) Hey, you only have one birthday a year, live a little!:D
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Today is the wife's birthday, so I need to make something special for dinner. Thinking grilled New York strip steak, baked sweet potatoes, steamed asparagus, mixed greens dinner salad and a small slice of Tuxedo Cake for desert. Tuxedo cake - 3 small layers ( 1/2 in thick ) of marble cake, with 2 layers of dark chocolate mousse, 1 layer of cream cheese mousse and chocolate ganache on top. It's to die for! Of course we'll have to go out and walk the rest of the night to burn off all the extra calories! :) Hey, you only have one birthday a year, live a little!:D
Happy Birthday to your wife and it sounds like you will be fixing a great dinner for her.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So the fence is on hold, while I do the fall cleanup. Everyone knows the drill! Blow the crude out of the gutters, rake up the leaves, clean out the garden, empty the flowerpots........ Ect. No sooner were we done with bagging up the leaves, when the wind picked up and blew every leaf in the neighborhood right into our yard!:( The problem with living at the closed end of a cul-de-sac, if it's not the neighborhood trash and leaves blowing up the street, it's The kids playing in the middle of the street.:mad: Don't get me wrong, kids need a place to play, but we live one block ( it's at the open end of our street ) from a 20+ acre city park with a large playground, baseball & soccer fields, covered picnic tables, paved walking path and shallow creek to explore! The park is always empty, yet it's surrounded by hundreds of homes. I just don't get it!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So the fence is on hold, while I do the fall cleanup. Everyone knows the drill! Blow the crude out of the gutters, rake up the leaves, clean out the garden, empty the flowerpots........ Ect. No sooner were we done with bagging up the leaves, when the wind picked up and blew every leaf in the neighborhood right into our yard!:( The problem with living at the closed end of a cul-de-sac, if it's not the neighborhood trash and leaves blowing up the street, it's The kids playing in the middle of the street.:mad: Don't get me wrong, kids need a place to play, but we live one block ( it's at the open end of our street ) from a 20+ acre city park with a large playground, baseball & soccer fields, covered picnic tables, paved walking path and shallow creek to explore! The park is always empty, yet it's surrounded by hundreds of homes. I just don't get it!
That's what my mother used to say when the kids came in and put their feet on her coffee table. They never would have dared do it in their homes. LOL Something about your cul-de-sac in very inviting. :-) Z

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what my mother used to say when the kids came in and put their feet on her coffee table. They never would have dared do it in their homes. LOL Something about your cul-de-sac in very inviting. :) Z
Hey Z. I'm heading your way. Going to Waldport Oregon for Dungeness crab fishing. Hope the weather and tide is better in the next few days. Wet and raining, I am hearing. Going to wait till the fresh water (rain) quits chasing the crabs back into the ocean

Top Bottom