• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps you are fortunate to have this allergy, and besides it leaves more for me........LOL

A true story, at least the parts I remember. (seeing Joshua's quote brought this to mind)

As I am a small time career Coors Lite fan, I had an accute allergy reaction to tequila at a resturant while on a Grand Canyon ride, several years ago. It is simular to Peach flavored Tn. Moon Shine, but that's another story.
We left the GC and rode down to Las Cruces and stayed with a fellow rider, at his home. We left the bikes in his guarge, piled in his truck and car then rode South to about 20 miles from the Mexican border. They had Great food and also offered a 'Fish Bowl' sized goblet of margireta. The first tasted good, the 2nd tasted Better. At this pointed the Reaction kicked in. Dam, 'I Feel Good', (James Brown). Yep!, needed help back to the truck.
Got a good nights sleep, on the floor. The next morning after about 4/6 cups of coffee and a shower, the allergy went away, I was ready to ride. At the first gas stop and 2/3 bottles of water, I was ready to see the Bats at Carlsbad Cavern.
As I recall, that is the only time I have ever had a reaction to 'That Stuff', but it was an Adventure!!
BTW, you can have my share, as that 'Stuff' is not good for my health and well being.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay so let me tell you my tequila story, 1982, Ft. Lewis, WA, Army Reserve unit on our Two week summer retreat.
This was my first (and last) summer retreat. It was my first day in the kitchen ( first MOS ) to make breakfast for the unit. Sarge walked in and said, I had to be christened as I was the newbie. He pulled out a bottle of tequila, lined up the juice glasses and poured! I protested as I'm not a liquor drinker but I was blackmailed into tipping back my glass. ( they told me they would tell everyone breakfast would be late and it was my fault) OMG I thought my throat was gonna close up on me, it was nasty! :confused: Before I knew it, I had another glass full and I was being toasted again, down the hatch. That one went down a little easier! :) We started prepping breakfast but every 15 minutes or so someone would hand me a glass and toast me again!;) After about 6 shots I told them I had to stop or my breakfast would be making a comeback. They left me alone until the unit was fed and we were alone in the mess hall again. Then it started again, I had to be congratulated on my first run in the kitchen and a glass appeared in my hand. Things started to get fuzzy and I don't remember much after that! :D The tequila kept coming I know we got lunch and dinner together and served. We prepped everything for breakfast and I went back to my room! I preceded to get sicker than a dog, my head was pounding, I was sweating profusely and I wanted to die! :( The next morning I showed up in the kitchen and Sarge once again brought out the bottle. I looked at him and said, "Never Again!" I haven't touched the stuff since!
So Dustman you can have my share too!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay as you may have noticed, I haven't been on much the last 2 weeks.
Reason 1: my wife gets home at 3:30 our time and has weekends off. When she's home she gets my undivided attention! Well, most of the time anyway!
Reason 2: the company I hired to do my landscaping project has FUBARed the whole project from day one. I can't believe they have managed to stay in business if this is how they work. I seriously considered firing them but I know every other landscape company is booked through next spring. I have been on top of them, the designer, and project manager but it all seems to go in one ear and out the other. So much for consumer advocate recommendations in Denver and Internet consumer responses of how good the company is! Lesson learned!:mad:
Okay I'm done! Thanks I needed that!:)
So now I'm waiting on the interview with Paul Elio at the plant in Shreveport, LA. To be posted to see if something is happening! Later all!:D

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay as you may have noticed, I haven't been on much the last 2 weeks.
Reason 1: my wife gets home at 3:30 our time and has weekends off. When she's home she gets my undivided attention! Well, most of the time anyway!
Reason 2: the company I hired to do my landscaping project has FUBARed the whole project from day one. I can't believe they have managed to stay in business if this is how they work. I seriously considered firing them but I know every other landscape company is booked through next spring. I have been on top of them, the designer, and project manager but it all seems to go in one ear and out the other. So much for consumer advocate recommendations in Denver and Internet consumer responses of how good the company is! Lesson learned!:mad:
Okay I'm done! Thanks I needed that!:)
So now I'm waiting on the interview with Paul Elio at the plant in Shreveport, LA. To be posted to see if something is happening! Later all!:D
Sorry about your "yard crew." Very hard to find good help any more.

But I TOO am waiting for that link.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry about your "yard crew." Very hard to find good help any more.

But I TOO am waiting for that link.
Music Man I should have known something was up when they were available and others weren't! Like my Grandfather, I take people at their word, until they screw up! I get the last laugh, the other $20,000+ to do faze 2&3 won't be going to them! :p I guess that means I can buy two more Elio's!:D

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, trick question! If you are building a fence, how far apart should the posts be, if your using 8' rails? Answer: posts should be placed 8' on center, so one rail over laps the post by 1.875". So why are my posts between 4'8" and 7'9" apart and not one is 8' on center!:mad:

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, trick question! If you are building a fence, how far apart should the posts be, if your using 8' rails? Answer: posts should be placed 8' on center, so one rail over laps the post by 1.875". So why are my posts between 4'8" and 7'9" apart and not one is 8' on center!:mad:
Who the hell did your fence? This is why I try to do all my landscaping myself. I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but with some research, hard work, and sometimes having to do a "do-over", I get to enjoy the finished product knowing I was the one who created it.
I know, not for everyone. It kicks my butt, but I enjoy it.

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, and I'm sorry! That sucks!

Top Bottom