• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can cook a couple of things in the kitchen, most things on the grill (except in-direct). Kids growing up my thing was grilled cheese jamboree LOL. I kept fixing them as long as they ate them. My son holds the record at 5!

I have a secret ingredient, that I didn't think was a secret until I fixed for others (kids friends/my friends) dust the butter side with a little garlic salt (yes, chose the word "dust" for you Dustman!) Can't please everyone but most say that its the BEST grilled cheese they ever had and now they can't eat one without it.

It's good to give momma a night off from time to time. I grew up with the thinking "that's woman's work" that didn't go over well LOL and I do enjoy cooking if I'm in the mood. So I don't have a set day, but it's nice to "surprise" her now and then. And sometimes, I'm rewarded ;)
I used to like to grill, and then I got a smoker - now that's BBQ! If you haven't tried smoking meat, your missing out. Our southern friends know what I'm saying...

When we get our Elio's, I'll smoke anything you like if you supply the beer ( I like Bud light fine, but prefer a nice IPA thrown in the mix). Ribs, salmon, Tri-tip, sausage, chicken - you name it.

Question is, how do I get my smoker & supplies to your place without taking my truck? That would kind of defeat the whole Elio meet-up thing.... Guess two trips required - drop off the smoker the day before!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used to like to grill, and then I got a smoker - now that's BBQ! If you haven't tried smoking meat, your missing out. Our southern friends know what I'm saying...

When we get our Elio's, I'll smoke anything you like if you supply the beer ( I like Bud light fine, but prefer a nice IPA thrown in the mix). Ribs, salmon, Tri-tip, sausage, chicken - you name it.

Question is, how do I get my smoker & supplies to your place without taking my truck? That would kind of defeat the whole Elio meet-up thing.... Guess two trips required - drop off the smoker the day before!

Think like a survivalist. I've learned to swear by these little tin can rockets stoves. A few scattered twigs from off the ground and five minutes you're cooking up a storm. When you're living out side, anything hot tastes great. One of my designs actually creates a secondary burn of wood gas for even hotter and efficient burn. http://theownerbuildernetwork.co/easy-diy-projects/diy-portable-tin-can-rocket-stove/

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Slow down boys, your moving to fast for me! First, all you Bud drinkers are SOL, ( that does not stand for, Short On Linen! ) I can't get it free or discounted price! Second, this trip will have to be postponed until at least spring. We already have vacations planned for this year, sorry! Third, it's a little hard to go for a drive, in our Elio's, if we don't have them yet! :(
Dustman I agree a good IPA with some smoked brisket or pulled pork. Yummy! :D I usually drink Killians, Molson Canadian, Batch 19 or Colorado Native. Lite beers taste like water! Sorry guys but they do, I take quality over quantity any day!;)

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
As a friend likes to say, Budwiser and other American lagers are like sex in a canoe (figure it out).

I prefer beer with flavor and body. I'll take a Guiness and have enjoyed most of the porters/stouts that I have tried.

I've learned that unpasturized beer is a HECK of a lot better than beer that has gone through that process (thanks to the local German restaurant's smuggler) and that any beer that isn't good when served warm isn't worth having at all.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with quality above guantity. My preference is Newcastle Brown Ale or a Modello Negro
Jim, we get our beer at a greatly reduced price, but limited to certain brands. To be honest, that's the only reason we even have beer in the house! If we had to pay retail, we wouldn't have any at all!

Top Bottom