• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Way to go, on giving the wife a night off from the kitchen!;)
My wife is a gourmet cook and I gave cooking lessons to Army wives. We both enjoy cooking. I don't consider myself a chef but rather a good cook. I fix dinner every Wednesday so my wife can relax. Helps keep peace and harmony in the family (except when I fix hot spicy meals)..........LOL

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife is a gourmet cook and I gave cooking lessons to Army wives. We both enjoy cooking. I don't consider myself a chef but rather a good cook. I fix dinner every Wednesday so my wife can relax. Helps keep peace and harmony in the family (except when I fix hot spicy meals)..........LOL
I grew up in a family of 9, so we all learned to cook something. Mom was a farm girl, family of 8, so it was all most always meat, potatoes, vegetables and fresh baked bread! Yum!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lock, didn't mean to ignor you today but had problems with landscaping guys and needed to keep my eye on them! Also tearing apart fence panels so I can reuse the pickets. Now it's pouring rain, I know thats not what you California folk want to hear but we needed it too! :) If I could send some your way I would! :(

Last edited:

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Busted! :confused:

Actually, some beer & friendly banter with some like-minded Elioites sounds like a great time. I do look forward to some meet & greets once we are behind the wheel of our autocycles...

You got it Dustman!

Yeah I saw a post a while back about meeting up in a hotel parking lot throwing back some beers, Elios in a circle, just having good fun, with good people. That would be fun :D For 2-3 days and having outings (driving through the red woods) during the day

So back to the beer........Norahsbed, you're out voted. Load that truck up and get going....:D

I read something like what's the BEST beer you ever had? Most were naming brands (I'm a BUD-LIGHT guy BTW) some said the first, etc....... I say the FREE ones always tastes better :D

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I can cook a couple of things in the kitchen, most things on the grill (except in-direct). Kids growing up my thing was grilled cheese jamboree LOL. I kept fixing them as long as they ate them. My son holds the record at 5!

I have a secret ingredient, that I didn't think was a secret until I fixed for others (kids friends/my friends) dust the butter side with a little garlic salt (yes, chose the word "dust" for you Dustman!) Can't please everyone but most say that its the BEST grilled cheese they ever had and now they can't eat one without it.

It's good to give momma a night off from time to time. I grew up with the thinking "that's woman's work" that didn't go over well LOL and I do enjoy cooking if I'm in the mood. So I don't have a set day, but it's nice to "surprise" her now and then. And sometimes, I'm rewarded ;)

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lock, didn't mean to ignor you today but had problems with landscaping guys and needed to keep my eye on them! Also tearing apart fence panels so I can reuse the pickets. Now it's pouring rain, I know thats not what you California folk want to hear but we needed it too! :) If I could send some your way I would! :(

No worries, we all have lives. I like not having rain LOL buddy at work says then where will you get water? I say I'll just turn on the faucet LOL

Yes, I am conserving and stopped watering the lawn.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I saw a post a while back about meeting up in a hotel parking lot throwing back some beers, Elios in a circle, just having good fun, with good people. That would be fun :D For 2-3 days and having outings (driving through the red woods) during the day

So back to the beer........Norahsbed, you're out voted. Load that truck up and get going....:D

I read something like what's the BEST beer you ever had? Most were naming brands (I'm a BUD-LIGHT guy BTW) some said the first, etc....... I say the FREE ones always tastes better :D
True Lock. The free ones are the best, but if I'm buying, Miller Lite is TEN TIMES better than that watered down Bud Light. Maybe we should get together with a twelve pack of each and argue over which is best?:p

Top Bottom