• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Norahsbed Banter Thread.....

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Dad's parents came from Germany, around 1890's and settled in Minnesota. They lived in Breckenridge, right on the banks of the Red River until they passed away. With a name like Durst we fit right in, as I remember there was only Germans, Norwegians and Swedes in Breck. Across the river in Wahpeton was all Indians. Dad was in the Air Force during WWII and we traveled a lot, even lived in Denver, Aurora near Scott Field, for a while. That was in the late 40's when Aurora was nice. What's left of my Dads family lives in Breck & Mankato, but not much of them left.

Interesting that we've lived in similar areas, small world.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Dad's parents came from Germany, around 1890's and settled in Minnesota. They lived in Breckenridge, right on the banks of the Red River until they passed away. With a name like Durst we fit right in, as I remember there was only Germans, Norwegians and Swedes in Breck. Across the river in Wahpeton was all Indians. Dad was in the Air Force during WWII and we traveled a lot, even lived in Denver, Aurora near Scott Field, for a while. That was in the late 40's when Aurora was nice. What's left of my Dads family lives in Breck & Mankato, but not much of them left.

Interesting that we've lived in similar areas, small world.
I've been to Breck and Whap many times and older brother went to NDSSS. We were one of a hand full of Scots-Irish in the area. The further north you went on the river the more diverse the population, including Scottish, French, English and Metis ( mixed heritage of usually Scottish or French with Ojibway Native Americans). The upper Red River valley was part of the very large Selkirk land Grant and first settled by Scottish and French fur trappers. The Norwegians, Sweds and Gremans came later.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quick recap for the week, I have found that my hips can not tolerate 3.8 mph. Tried it on Tuesday for 15 minutes and payed for it in hip pain for 2 days. So the game plan is 3.5 - 3.7 mph and just increase time on the treadmill. We have increased our number of reps in all other exercises, as well as weight. So far so good.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mom's side of the family is originally from the Granite Falls/Renville area. Still got some 2nd cousins out that way.
70% of my moms family still live in a 40 mile radius of Fargo, Moorhead. Pretty much all on my dads side are long gone with the exception of a few 1st cousins, once or twice removed in the Twin Cities and Rochester areas.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Stepped on the scale this morning, 128.5 lbs.:) 0.5 lbs to go to reach 30 lbs lost. :D Up to 2 miles on the treadmill @ 3.5-3.7 mph. We added two new floor exercises to our plan, one for lower abs and another for hips. That brings us to 11. We do 3 ab excercises 5 days a week and split up the others doing 4 every other day. Bought another new pair of pants today, I have to take them back and get a smaller size, their a little loose in the waist.:eek::D I don't think I'll reach the goal of 120 lbs by Christmas :( but should reach it a few weeks after New Years. As I'm taking off fat, I'm adding muscle, so the weight loss has slowed down but muscle tone is coming along just fine.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Grats, so far I've gone from 191 to 164 with a goal of 140.
Way to go Joshua! :) For me it was cutting out bad carbs (I have a major sweet tooth) hardest part was giving up my big bowl of ice cream every other night. :( Now I have a 1/2 cup ( no sugar added ) every few weeks that, I work into my diet as a dairy and have it earlier in the day so I can work off the extra carbs.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Stepped on the scale this morning, 128.5 lbs.:) 0.5 lbs to go to reach 30 lbs lost. :D Up to 2 miles on the treadmill @ 3.5-3.7 mph. We added two new floor exercises to our plan, one for lower abs and another for hips. That brings us to 11. We do 3 ab excercises 5 days a week and split up the others doing 4 every other day. Bought another new pair of pants today, I have to take them back and get a smaller size, their a little loose in the waist.:eek::D I don't think I'll reach the goal of 120 lbs by Christmas :( but should reach it a few weeks after New Years. As I'm taking off fat, I'm adding muscle, so the weight loss has slowed down but muscle tone is coming along just fine.
One thing I have learned about weight loss is measurements and pictures are frequently more accurate indicators of success than the number on the scale. How you feel, the change in clothing sizes are also more accurate indicators than the numbers on the scale. Great job!

Happy Thanksgiving in case you are too busy to keep me company here on Thursday. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom