• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oddball Elio Ideas

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Azurehenfruit gave me a paint name, color code and matching car make. I googled and got the picture of that mustang and many others with the same color. And yes there were Chevys with a similar, lighter color, but he requested Ford. If you want to quibble with the color, you might want to create it yourself or at least provide a picture for reference.
Unfortunately, my computer skills are limited to MS word, Excel and emails. Didn't mean to get in a conflict with anyone only stating what was obvious to me. For those who believe it is turquoise, so be it.

azurehenfruit

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
JNR, The Mustang in the picture is indeed the Ford color, Twilight Turquoise, that I remember. Of course, it is not the same turquoise that the Tri-5 Chevrolets used, neither is it the gem nor pure color known as turquoise. Unfortunately, the color did not quite copy accurately onto the Elio, but it is very close. Thanks for your artwork! Many times I have wanted to do something similar to a picture, but I have yet to get it figured out.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my computer skills are limited to MS word, Excel and emails. Didn't mean to get in a conflict with anyone only stating what was obvious to me. For those who believe it is turquoise, so be it.
I agree on the confusion of the naming of turquoise, but those names are always just made up for marketing purposes. My car is called galaxy gray, but it really is just a metallic beige-ish type color. No one would call it gray.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
JNR, The Mustang in the picture is indeed the Ford color, Twilight Turquoise, that I remember. Of course, it is not the same turquoise that the Tri-5 Chevrolets used, neither is it the gem nor pure color known as turquoise. Unfortunately, the color did not quite copy accurately onto the Elio, but it is very close. Thanks for your artwork! Many times I have wanted to do something similar to a picture, but I have yet to get it figured out.
I really can't just copy the color in, the way the image editor works is I can only play with hue saturation to try and match the overall color. I pick a light point on both cars and try to match the best I can. Metallic colors are impossible to match because of the way light reflects off the flakes in the real world. I went on photo-editing websites and could not find any trick to make a good metallic paint match. However, matching non-metallic paint colors is easy and can take less than a minute for each new color match.

azurehenfruit

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspected that the metallic paint would cause a problem. I have used "Kai's Photo Soap" that allows one to pick out a color, and then to duplicate it in another part of the image. I have not tried it, so I do not know whether it would save the color and allow it to be applied to another image.

Anyhow, I first applied Twilight Turquoise to my 1957 Plymouth in approximately 1965:
1957 Plymouth.jpg

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspected that the metallic paint would cause a problem. I have used "Kai's Photo Soap" that allows one to pick out a color, and then to duplicate it in another part of the image. I have not tried it, so I do not know whether it would save the color and allow it to be applied to another image.

Anyhow, I first applied Twilight Turquoise to my 1957 Plymouth in approximately 1965:
View attachment 1000
I had one of them!

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I wonder whether the current 7 Elio colors are metallic?
I"ve only see the creamsicle in person, definitely not metallic. I"m also going to guess metallic paint will cost more than standard CMYK colors.. so in order to keep the price down.. not metallic.

Top Bottom