• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Okay, So What Is The Real Deal?

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point ELIO must sell Investors on the idea, they have little more to offer as of now. Meeting goals is a big part of that. Elio is not doing that .
That must change. Investors love a good idea they will put cash into a good idea with a good chance. They seldom buy in to dreams.

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point ELIO must sell Investors on the idea, they have little more to offer as of now. Meeting goals is a big part of that. Elio is not doing that .
That must change. Investors love a good idea they will put cash into a good idea with a good chance. They seldom buy in to dreams.

investors "love a good idea", which means the investors want to make lots of money from Elio, which is competing for investors' $Ms that are looking at other money spinning "good ideas".

At $6800, my guess is that the investors don't think the margin (from which they would get paid) is high enough.

And with another $1k or two added to the selling price, the dominant selling point of $6800 becomes a lot less dominant, and the market quite bit smaller.

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is the same vehicle. There have been three prototypes built. The P2 is a rework of the P1, not another vehicle. Recognized as round 2, yes. Recognized as a separate vehicle, no.

Whatever Elio Motors considers it to be is what it is... They would know. I doubt they pulled P4, and all the other model #'s, out of their @55

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Whatever Elio Motors considers it to be is what it is... They would know. I doubt they pulled P4, and all the other model #'s, out of their @55

it appears you've noticed that some of our newer members with an axe to grind consider themselves to experts on the inner workings of EM .... as such they believe they know more about everything Elio than the folks do who run the company ....
Scratch-Head.gif
.... while in high school I found I enjoyed English Literature (kind of odd for a fellow who became a PE major in college :)) .... when I read some of their rants in which they twist things to suit their purpose, I can't help but think back to one of my favorite quotes from the Bard in Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5, lines 17-28)

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an id**t, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing."

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
investors "love a good idea", which means the investors want to make lots of money from Elio, which is competing for investors' $Ms that are looking at other money spinning "good ideas".

At $6800, my guess is that the investors don't think the margin (from which they would get paid) is high enough.

And with another $1k or two added to the selling price, the dominant selling point of $6800 becomes a lot less dominant, and the market quite bit smaller.
it has been discussed elsewhere that most of the vehicles will come with options that increase not only the retail price but the profit margin. Too much focus is on the $6800 as it has little to do with what most will want on their car. I am the only one I know of that is getting the base model with no options. Also, investors will realize that the delivery price that P.E. wants can be for the first year of production with ample increase in year two ongoing...if necessary. Personally, I think Paul is holding out on accepting just any investment so he can keep control and I have no problem with that. Sooner or later, one way or another, it will be funded.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it has been discussed elsewhere that most of the vehicles will come with options that increase not only the retail price but the profit margin. Too much focus is on the $6800 as it has little to do with what most will want on their car. I am the only one I know of that is getting the base model with no options. Also, investors will realize that the delivery price that P.E. wants can be for the first year of production with ample increase in year two ongoing...if necessary. Personally, I think Paul is holding out on accepting just any investment so he can keep control and I have no problem with that. Sooner or later, one way or another, it will be funded.
If only all folks like you went on cruises (just the basics, no gambling or drinking) they'd go broke! Hey that's what I do, and have a great time! I admire your fortitude in keeping it base, but I need (not want) automatic tranny- all the rest will be wants. I hope they offer a rearview mirror, I need it to hang my parking permit on!!

Top Bottom