• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Okay, So What Is The Real Deal?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"a FULL ALL IN"

I want to see those that are willing to pay all up front for a dream. Not trying to hurt anyone feelings but a dumb idea and not a smart business move. If the engine was for REAL and we could have seen it on the 6th. and if production was to start Sept. 1st 2015 then you would have some willing to pay up front. Not now.

I fully doubt most here could pay up front all at once even with the strongest of "devotion". At this point Elio getting the money necessary for production is just as if not more important than the engine.

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Satx - maybe you missed my point. My point simply put is that $1000 might not be enough of a commitment on our parts to move this past the tipping point. Hope it will be, but it might not be, so I was bringing up the idea that a FULL ALL IN by some, most or all of the $1000 holders might indeed change the dynamics of this project - or - it might not. I was putting this out as food for thought. I certainly understand the math involved under the present financial calculus, just wondering what others thought about the idea of changing some variables within those calculations.

EM needs $150M+, and my guess is that is $50M+ low. That's 150K+ $1000 all-in's. 140K+ to go. and to go quickly, not in 12 months.

Even getting 50K+ x $1000 probably wouldn't convince multiple, big investors to come in and top up the financing.

I'll put in my $1000 when/if the Feds, or somebody, throws in their $185M.

Fed investments actually a no worse, even better, failure rate than private investors.

Fox and Repugs fabricating outrage, using Solyndra as to why govt "shouldn't be picking winners and losers" was pure lying bullsh!t to rouse their anti-govt rabble.

Govt investments return profits to the taxpayers, as well as launching 100s or 1000s of private companies and creating 10s of 1000s of jobs, as BigCorps kill 100Ks of jobs (eg, HP, IBM, BigPharma, etc). BigCorps depend more and more on "free" govt research output as BigCorps cut back on research.

And here's some "right-wing, anti-education Louisiana perspective" on how little EM needs compared to what LA Repugs are cutting

Cutting Louisiana higher education by $300 million, putting it into perspective
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/01/what_does_it_mean_to_cut_300_m.html

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM needs $150M+, and my guess is that is $50M+ low. That's 150K+ $1000 all-in's. 140K+ to go. and to go quickly, not in 12 months.

Even getting 50K+ x $1000 probably wouldn't convince multiple, big investors to come in and top up the financing.

Fed investments actually a no worse, even better, failure rate than private investors.

Fox and Repugs fabricating outrage, using Solyndra as to why govt "shouldn't be picking winners and losers" was pure lying bullsh!t to rouse their anti-govt rabble.

Govt investments return profits to the taxpayers, as well as launching 100s or 1000s of private companies and creating 10s of 1000s of jobs, as BigCorps kill 100Ks of jobs (eg, HP, IBM, BigPharma, etc). BigCorps depend more and more on "free" govt research output as BigCorps cut back on research.

And here's some "right-wing, anti-education Louisiana perspective" on how little EM needs compared to what LA Repugs are cutting

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/01/what_does_it_mean_to_cut_300_m.html
Ah! Refreshing! thanks

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"a FULL ALL IN"

I want to see those that are willing to pay all up front for a dream. Not trying to hurt anyone feelings but a dumb idea and not a smart business move. If the engine was for REAL and we could have seen it on the 6th. and if production was to start Sept. 1st 2015 then you would have some willing to pay up front. Not now.

im $100 all in... I am saving for my "future transportation needs", but that money wont be going to elio until I see 2 important indicators. Ill move up to $500 when they hire, and then $1000 when the production line starts...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think, with each successful large accomplished steps, the value/risk goes down. Get the stuff inside sold, get the loan, get engines in 25 units, and I think you'll find a greater pool of folks that will be willing to up their deposits (but only if they meet two very important criteria for me) offer yellow as a color option, and an additional "T". That'll do it !!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Considering that a 300 million dollar cut is only a small part of what they waste no big deal,\. Where do you come up with this stuff.

Top Bottom