• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oklahoma City Elio Or What I Learned In School Today

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My bad. I thought I had read Elio said they will offer reservations to cover the entire first year's production.
Perhaps the 40K is the first year's production inclusive of an allowance for the period that they'll not be in full production as the assembly processes are optimized.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not true, Reservations end at 40,000 is what I was told in OKC. Production at 250/day would be 65,000.

I fully expect the company to offer some 'incentives' to the ist 40k reservationists who will be their "Rolling Billboards" . If you saw this vehicle pass you on your
commute (In the HOV Lane) with ELioMotors.com plastered on its side wouldn't you be curious. What the heck was that???? I want one too!!! Where do I get it??? :D

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I fully expect the company to offer some 'incentives' to the ist 40k reservationists who will be their "Rolling Billboards" . If you saw this vehicle pass you on your
commute (In the HOV Lane) with ELioMotors.com plastered on its side wouldn't you be curious. What the heck was that???? I want one too!!! Where do I get it??? :D
Careful. You will have states outlawing the Elio in HOV lanes because it is a distraction and might cause accidents. LOL :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to clarify my statement about options. Mr. Vassilo did not say the factory would only be installing the transmissions, a representative in a blue Elio shirt told that to several of us. It does make sense because the cost of the factory having to have a dozen or so options stockpiled at the point of assembly cost money. As usual, Elio Motors is adjusting their business plan by the day trying to keep cost down. Remember an elio is coming out the door every 2.5 minutes. Here is my take on the sales showrooms. When you go into the showroom, a salesman will show you the vehicle, ask you if you want a test drive, and take you on that test drive sitting in the back seat. Now the prices are supposed to be non negotiable so the salesman will add up what you want and give you the non negotiable price..adding the options, and the color adding the destination charges and the dealer prep charges. If you say yes, then the financial situation comes up. You can write a check or He/she will take a credit app. have the finance manager run your credit and give you the numbers for the month payment if you decide to go that route. No dickering but time will be spent doing the above. No different than now except for the negotiation of the price. Your credit score will determine the payment interest rate and of course, Elio will have several financial institutions to chose from. I figure it will take an hour or two to get one Ordered. The finance manager will also talk to you about any extended warranties. If you want to "dicker", I bet the salesman will say "next". If you run the numbers, you have 60 stores open 7 days a week. 250,000 a year /60 stores, and you get over 4100 for each store a year. divide that by 350 days and you get 12 a day for each store. yes folks, it does take time. What do you folks think about my sales scenario? I think I am pretty close.
No chance of working at current staffing projections.

mckean

Reaction score
Both Elio & Lit Motors need their Legal Teams to get the motorcycle & helmet issues changed State by State to make it as convenient as possible. Don't require owner's to jump through hoops to purchase and drive an enclosed auto/cycle. Many potential customers will not purchase these vehicles if they have motorcycle classifications with special licensing required. The companies should work jointly to get this done before actual production begins. Please give us some indication that you are working to get this issue resolved.

I agree 100%. I have my motorcycle designation, but my wife will not be able to drive the car once we purchase it. She has made it clear she has no desire to learn how to ride a motorcycle just so she can drive the elio. And from what we've read, the motorcycle test cannot be passed in the elio because the wheelbase will not allow the tight turns required.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome McKean, the law was nearly changed in your state this year but failed because it also included party bikes for drunks. There will be another bill next year and your wife may well be able to drive it with a regular drivers license by the time the Elio is produced.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I have my motorcycle designation, but my wife will not be able to drive the car once we purchase it. She has made it clear she has no desire to learn how to ride a motorcycle just so she can drive the elio. And from what we've read, the motorcycle test cannot be passed in the elio because the wheelbase will not allow the tight turns required.
McKean, welcome to the forum and the growing legion of Elio fans. Here you will find the latest information about the Elio development and production. We are, mostly, a friendly helpful group and will try to answer any question you have - just ask. My wife is a nurse and her riding a motorcycle is simply out of question. Also she will only drive an automatic. Welcome and let's make this journey a great experience for all of us.

Top Bottom