• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Old Guys Rule

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting facts! I need a cheap way to get to town for morning coffee when I retire, my scooter will work on the nice days but the Elio will work every day. After the Elio hits the street everyone will have to have one and I think that their big market will be "High Scool Age". You can work a minimum wage job , drive a new Elio and have plenty of cash left for gas and of course cash to customize your Hot Rod Elio, this would be a teenagers dream.

HalsFlying

Elio Fan
Reaction score
You are right, Craig. The ELIO will be UNIQUE for the first year or so.
I plan to show mine OFF every chance and let the crowds OHHH and AHHHHH as I slip away in my CHARIOT.
I AM 75 and have yet to have a midlife crisis. Pure thoughts, clean living, no booze and NEVER telling a lie ! (and if you buy that, I have some nice swamp land in Florida to sell you)

My darling wife of 54 years is all for the ELIO ! And by the way, Thank GOD she isn't way younger...I couldn't keep up ! ☺ ☺
ELIO just announced the 10,000th reservation....Makes my #775 just WAY good !
Hey guys, clean living, no booze won't make you live longer, it will just make you fell like it does.

bill32br

Elio Fan
Reaction score
So glad to see so many people from Ohio! Was on my way with my brother to northern Ohio to see our mom yesterday when my brother introduced me to the Elio.
It isn't unusual for me to go up with him when he visits. Having a more or less fixed income I find it hard to afford the trip up there as often as I'd like to. And when the weather permits I ride my motorcycle. Yes I'm a fair weather rider, and have never bought a new car. Maybe the Elio will be my first! still in the gathering the data mode at the moment but im truly excited and optimistic!

Otis

Elio Fan
Reaction score
49 in April but my thoughts are that the "younger folks" probably aren't at a place in their life to invest $1000 (or even $100) in something they can't have right now. I've got 2 boys (20 & 17) and they are all about NOW!
But I do believe that once these vehicles are produced & at dealers, the cost and mileage of the vehicle will really shoot the majority toward the youger demographic.
That's just my thoughts.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So glad to see so many people from Ohio! Was on my way with my brother to northern Ohio to see our mom yesterday when my brother introduced me to the Elio.
It isn't unusual for me to go up with him when he visits. Having a more or less fixed income I find it hard to afford the trip up there as often as I'd like to. And when the weather permits I ride my motorcycle. Yes I'm a fair weather rider, and have never bought a new car. Maybe the Elio will be my first! still in the gathering the data mode at the moment but im truly excited and optimistic!
Bill,

The Elio was to be in Columbus last year but the event was cancelled. Hoping for another chance to see the vehicle again prior to my receipt of my Elio. Last year I was able to touch and sit in a prototype at the Ballon Festival in New Mexico. After that I went all in for a $1000.00. We are planning get together with fellow enthusiasts when a site is announced. Will keep you informed.

bill32br

Elio Fan
Reaction score
ake, post: 3102, member: 13"]Bill,

The Elio was to be in Columbus last year but the event was cancelled. Hoping for another chance to see the vehicle again prior to my receipt of my Elio. Last year I was able to touch and sit in a prototype at the Ballon Festival in New Mexico. After that I went all in for a $1000.00. We are planning get together with fellow enthusiasts when a site is announced. Will keep you informed.[/quote]
Thanks for the info! I contacted my bestfriend in florida and he's going to try to catch it in the daytona event in march and give me his view on it. He also seems excited about the Elio.

H town Jeff

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The youngins would be wise to support the Elio. No telling how high their Federal income tax will be in the future to pay for Obama’s borrowing spree. :mad:

Reaction score
Hello again Bill, Where in Northern Ohio is Mother? Has brother bought into Elio yet? Wise Brother.

Top Bottom