• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FYI: http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....t_id=847/category_id=416/mode=prod/prd847.htm
VHX-1017: Universal 5.7" X 12.05" Elliptical, Analog Instrument

zoom.png
prd_847.jpg
new.png

The new Universal VHX-1017 Elliptical gauge cluster measures 12.05" W x 5.7" H

Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems . Completely engineered and manufactured at our facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!
This design does not appeal to me but I can see where it might make anti-Elgin dash people happy. :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

OR:

1939 Chevy Car VHX Instruments

zoom.png
prd_971.jpg
new.png

The new VHX Systems fit directly into the dash of a 1939 Chevy Car, including a triple-plated chrome machined aluminum instrument housing.

Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems . Completely engineered and manufactured at our facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!

Dimensions:
Overall: 12" W x 4" H

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OR:

1939 Chevy Car VHX Instruments

zoom.png

prd_971.jpg

new.png

The new VHX Systems fit directly into the dash of a 1939 Chevy Car, including a triple-plated chrome machined aluminum instrument housing.

Dimensions:
Overall: 12" W x 4" H
This is even harder to read than some of the stuff I have seen - including my vcr. Contrast, contrast, contrast! without it, things are hard to read. :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
something like that would be fine with me .... that dash list for $802 on Amazon .... I wonder what the difference would be to substitute something like that for an Elgin

Jim

The Dakota Dashes we've profiled are, indeed $802 on Amazon.
That's 'retail' so we can figure Elio could cut a supplier deal & offer
a 'swap' (preferably) for the Elgin &/or some 'option' charge.............:)

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Dakota Dashes we've profiled are, indeed $802 on Amazon. That's 'retail' so we can figure Elio could cut a supplier deal & offer a swap for the Elgin &/or some 'option' up-charge.............:)

hopefully they will find a supplier that can give alternate dash choices .... unfortunately, they are so committed to the Elgin, I question if they have much, if any, interest in doing so

Jim

Top Bottom