• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I still think off the self, common gauges/components would have to be cheaper than creating new ones for a nontraditional (Elgin type) dash .... but then, I ain't no bean counter

Jim

We will have to ask Jerome again now that we know there is a real working Elgin out there. The last time I spoke with him about this he told me that the numbers were actually going to be digital displays designed to give the appearance of spinning dials. This way all the components in the Elgin dash were simply off the shelf with a little software magic behind the scenes.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Any "hints" you've heard of concerning the bench tests for the engine?

Nope, I have not heard anything on the engine at all and am just as anxious to hear news as everyone else is. :)

I don't have any insight into what is happening over at IAV and it is pretty easy to keep IAV information tightly compartmentalized within Elio Motors so unfortunately I don't really expect to get much behind the scenes news from that process. :(

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We will have to ask Jerome again now that we know there is a real working Elgin out there. The last time I spoke with him about this he told me that the numbers were actually going to be digital displays designed to give the appearance of spinning dials. This way all the components in the Elgin dash were simply off the shelf with a little software magic behind the scenes.

here again that makes sense .... hopefully they will have a decent alternative

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
here again that makes sense .... hopefully they will have a decent alternative

Jim

Personally I could live with it however I am not a fan of the Elgin either. I do hope they offer some decent options at good prices if we can't have another option standard.

For those who have not yet seen this photo from SEMA we do know that there is now at least one working Elgin prototype out there.
image-jpg.3427.jpg

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-gauge-cluster-lord-elgin-other-options.803/

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FYI: http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....t_id=847/category_id=416/mode=prod/prd847.htm
VHX-1017: Universal 5.7" X 12.05" Elliptical, Analog Instrument

zoom.png
prd_847.jpg
new.png

The new Universal VHX-1017 Elliptical gauge cluster measures 12.05" W x 5.7" H

Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems . Completely engineered and manufactured at our facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!
I really dig this dash especially the blue lighting. I had red on my Solstice..no good. If they would offer this as a swap out, done deal Lucille.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really dig this dash especially the blue lighting. I had red on my Solstice..no good. If they would offer this as a swap out, done deal Lucille.
I lived in Sioux Falls, SD for 63 years.........Go Dakota Digital!

I emailed the Dakota Digital President.......suggesting he contact EM about partnering to provide the Elio a standard dash that may even appeal to Paul Elio.

Top Bottom