• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like it better than Elgin, but I would personally rather have a speedo,oil pressure,Temp,amps and a storage pocket. Think 60s bike. I generally like a tach but on this car I would rather have the space. I shift by "seat of the pants/ engine feel/sound" anyway. Tach is nice for diagonistic or when speedo quits but I can live without, now that everything has a fuel/ignition cutoff at redline.. Now on the AMT , a tach is superfulous also, it's gonna shift when it wants anyway. Know they will be one ,but a storage cubby would be real nice :)

Nah, I'd rather have the tach (even with the an AT)...there will be plenty of space available on the dash, unless you're trying to mount some kind of a DVD player screen or something like that...

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if any consideration has been given to a front seat with a minimal back rest. To facilitate as much forward vewing as posable for the pasenger.
MK

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if any consideration has been given to a front seat with a minimal back rest. To facilitate as much forward vewing as posable for the pasenger.
MK

You could always add a front facing camera and then a monitor on the headrest of the front seat. My dogs won't really care as long as they can see out the side windows.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Show 'em this puppy:
prd_847.jpg
Has the basic information we all want and need. I'd be very happy with this.[/QUOTE]I doubt it is a "like" but more a low cost sufficient supply.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MK
My wife sleeps all the way to work (we leave home at 4:30 am) and she sleeps all the way home (we return at 6:00 pm) I will enjoy her being behind me as it can be difficult for me to stay awake while she has her head tipped back and her mouth wide open as she sleeps right beside me as I spend an hour and a half each way delivering her to her job site and back home. It would be nice for a little conversation, just to help me stay alert. Thank God for talk radio

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
on 12-6-14 I was fortunate to spend some time talking with Jerome Vassallo, VP of Sales who I really appreciate spending some time with me .... I got to see the the much discussed Elgin dash .... I tried to take some pictures of it but the glare from the lighting at the display in Charlotte .... Goofyone managed to get a much better picture than can be seen at this link ===> http://www.elioowners.com/threads/charlotte-nc-dec-05-2014-dec-07-2014.5100/page-17 , post 164 <==== bottom line, the Elgin will be the only dash installed at the factory and delivered to the buyer .... folks who wish to change the dash may got to Pep Boys or any other source, purchase one and install it with all expenses being paid by the customer .... like it or not, if you wish to purchase an Elio, that pretty much ends the discussion

after seeing the actual Elgin dash with all of its lights in operation (they do not show up in the picture mentioned above) and with the screen which can be set to show mph or other numbers, I'm far from thrilled but its one I can live with .... as noted several times, I chose not to put any money down until I could see an Elio in person .... after speaking with Jerome today we went all in for $100

additional info on upgrades :

four upgrades endorsed by Elio the process will be much different .... using seats as an example : every Elio will leave the assembly line with a manually adjusted, cloth covered seat .... Elio will offer an electric, leather covered seat as an option .... when an Elio gets to the area where options are added, the cloth seat will be removed (packed up and sent back to the assembly line) and the leather seat will be installed .... the price the customer will pay for the upgrade is the difference in cost as set by EM

Jim

Last edited:

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife sleeps all the way to work (we leave home at 4:30 am) and she sleeps all the way home (we return at 6:00 pm) I will enjoy her being behind me as it can be difficult for me to stay awake while she has her head tipped back and her mouth wide open as she sleeps right beside me as I spend an hour and a half each way delivering her to her job site and back home. It would be nice for a little conversation, just to help me stay alert. Thank God for talk radio

You drive your wife to work every day? Wow! Just wow!

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
on 12-6-14 I was fortunate to spend some time talking with Jerome Vassallo, VP of Sales who I really appreciate spending some time with me .... I got to see the the much discussed Elgin dash .... I tried to take some pictures of it but the glare from the lighting at the display in Charlotte .... Goofyone managed to get a much better picture than can be seen at this link ===> http://www.elioowners.com/threads/charlotte-nc-dec-05-2014-dec-07-2014.5100/page-17 , post 164 <==== bottom line, the Elgin will be the only dash installed at the factory and delivered to the buyer .... folks who wish to change the dash may got to Pep Boys or any other source, purchase one and install it with all expenses being paid by the customer .... like it or not, if you wish to purchase an Elio, that pretty much ends the discussion

after seeing the actual Elgin dash with all of its lights in operation (they do not show up in the picture mentioned above) and with the screen which can be set to show mph or other numbers, I'm far from thrilled but its one I can live with .... as noted several times, I chose not to put any money down until I could see an Elio in person .... after speaking with Jerome today

additional info on upgrades :

four upgrades endorsed by Elio the process will be much different .... using seats as an example : every Elio will leave the assembly line with a manually adjusted, cloth covered seat .... Elio will offer an electric, leather covered seat as an option .... when an Elio gets to the area where options are added, the cloth seat will be removed (packed up and sent back to the assembly line) and the leather seat will be installed .... the price the customer will pay for the upgrade is the difference in cost as set by EM

Jim
The Elgin dash still looks like sh*t. I guess I will put black paper over it and throw a small gps heads up display on the dash.

corvairbob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
when they get enough feedback from customers that keep going because they do not like the standard equipment things will change. happens every day that is why you see cars changing all the time upgrades and such to draw the customer. no customer no company

Top Bottom