• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of engine cooling, one of my first mods will be to replace the engine coolant with a product like Evans Waterless Coolant. It provides superior engine cooling by raising the boiling point to a level (275°) that doesn't boil (or pressurize) the cooling system in normal service. By making the coolant more efficient, you ensure you don't have engine heating problems in traffic. As a bonus, it prevents corrosion (no water) and still lubricates the water pump. Prices begin around $40/gallon, but because it never requires replacement, it's good for the life of my Elio.
This stuff is going on my list. Thanks

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying the Evans coolant is not better, but I don't see the advantage. The typical factory provided coolant doesn't boil during normal service either, it is a closed system designed to handle the higher water pressure just fine at the higher temps. It already includes corrosion inhibitors. etc... Typical replacement premixed auto anti-freeze from any auto store has an atmospheric boiling temp of 265 F.

Is there a specific reason this coolant is better than typical auto coolant?

If the argument is don't use tap water, that goes for without saying.

corrosion inhibitors

I would use it because it prevents.

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Speaking of engine cooling, one of my first mods will be to replace the engine coolant with a product like Evans Waterless Coolant. It provides superior engine cooling by raising the boiling point to a level (275°) that doesn't boil (or pressurize) the cooling system in normal service. By making the coolant more efficient, you ensure you don't have engine heating problems in traffic. As a bonus, it prevents corrosion (no water) and still lubricates the water pump. Prices begin around $40/gallon, but because it never requires replacement, it's good for the life of my Elio.
I would bet this will void the warranty, whenever you go outside the manufacturers recommendations, you have no leg to stand on in case something happens.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point Z. Do they make handicap licence plates for motorcycles??
I read the article posted by Kuda and then went to the Oregon DMV site to ask about permanent disabled plates. The only ones available are not for parking purposes and are only available to disabled veterans. They are to honor the veteran rather than a legal parking permit. So for me, I will need a clear holder to stick somewhere for my disabled parking permit. :) Z

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read the article posted by Kuda and then went to the Oregon DMV site to ask about permanent disabled plates. The only ones available are not for parking purposes and are only available to disabled veterans. They are to honor the veteran rather than a legal parking permit. So for me, I will need a clear holder to stick somewhere for my disabled parking permit. :) Z
http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/?WT.mc_id=www.command.com&WT.ctod=10:16

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is GREAT stuff :)

I currently run it in my smart and NEVER worry about temps or hose failure ...... 0 pressure baby :D

Good to know, ever since I heard about this stuff(a couple years ago), I've been thinking about running it in my Grand Wagoneer.. I forget. What did you have to do. If I recall it was more involved than just draining out old coolant?

Top Bottom