• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The word from Elio is that it may or may NOT come with a remote. with no remote, WHY POWER LOCKS?? I don't think the concept of a remote is really eluding so many as you think.
Of course it will not come with a remote for keyless entry, BUT for a small fee they can simply add keyless entry for you. Cha-ching $$$.....accessories are where the money is at. Yes, I think this eludes many people. There is no other practical reason to have a power lock on a vehicle this small with one door. Besides, accessories and extended warranties have margins that dwarf the margins available from the purchase of a base model vehicle. I don't dislike these market strategies because I am educated enough to know that extended warranties don't pay for themselves, but the additional cost of conveniences like keyless entry or cruise control are justifiable expenses that I will gladly pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course it will not come with a remote for keyless entry, BUT for a small fee they can simply add keyless entry for you. Cha-ching $$$.....accessories are where the money is at. Yes, I think this eludes many people. There is no other practical reason to have a power lock on a vehicle this small with one door. Besides, accessories and extended warranties have margins that dwaft the margins available from the purchase of a base model vehicle. I don't dislike these market strategies because I am educated enough to know that extended warranties don't pay for themselves, but the additional cost of conveniences like keyless entry or cruise control are justifiable expenses that I will gladly pay for.

What does "dwaft" mean? I tried to look it up but can't find the word. :-) Z

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What does "dwaft" mean? I tried to look it up but can't find the word. :-) Z
Number four, used as a verb.
abyhumuz.jpg

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK - so it was a typo. LOL I also got dwarf when I looked it up but I wasn't familiar with the context enough (or I'm getting too tired) to be sure that is what you meant. Thanks. :-) Z
Thanks Z. I corrected the typo. It's been a rough week with some long workdays. I'm in your neck of the woods this week. In Medford, OR. Luckily I fly home tomorrow; really missing the family.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Z. I corrected the typo. It's been a rough week with some long workdays. I'm in your neck of the woods this week. In Medford, OR. Luckily I fly home tomorrow; really missing the family.

The air quality was very bad when I was there yesterday. The heat was horrible also but by the time my meeting ended at 8 pm it had started to cool down nicely. I don't envy you having to be there. I was very glad to get home even though I don't have family to come home to. I hope you had a chance to try Jasper's. Have a great trip to SF this weekend. :-) Z

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course it will not come with a remote for keyless entry, BUT for a small fee they can simply add keyless entry for you. Cha-ching $$$.....accessories are where the money is at. Yes, I think this eludes many people. There is no other practical reason to have a power lock on a vehicle this small with one door. Besides, accessories and extended warranties have margins that dwarf the margins available from the purchase of a base model vehicle. I don't dislike these market strategies because I am educated enough to know that extended warranties don't pay for themselves, but the additional cost of conveniences like keyless entry or cruise control are justifiable expenses that I will gladly pay for.

I think you're probably right in that they'll want to gen up another upgrade option. If that's the plan, I gots no problem with it. There have been more than one expert saying that Elio cannot possibly survive on the margins they are forecasting, so if they intend to make it up on option upgrades, that's not a bad plan. The best part is I could still buy a base model and have cheap transportation, while others can buy whatever they want. Only thing they'll have to watch is that they can't charge too much for upgrades 'cause if they do it will generate an after-market upgrade industry that will do it, (supposedly) cheaper. The only however is though, that still leaves my base model with a pointless power lock. :-)

Top Bottom